Tears for the fallen

pgriz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nature's tears that is.

Before raking and mulching the leaves on the lawn, I decided to see if there are any images hiding among the leaves. This was one of several that I found.

FallLeaves_5332_v1.jpg

This is my first image post, although I am not a stranger to the forum.

Critique away!

Corny, corny, corny title..

The photo is great though. The sharpness on the drops, the way the leaves are arranged in the frame, the colors and the little clovers peeking through.. very nice.

Oh well, there goes my future career as a headline writer. :lol::blushing: Guess I better go back to the KISS principle...

Paul, thanks for the honest critique, on both items. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Oh well, there goes my future career as a headline writer. :lol::blushing: Guess I better go back to the KISS principle...

Paul, thanks for the honest critique, on both items. :thumbup:

Not true, the general public loves corny.....

+1 on the title, +1 for a good shot

nice and clear pic I like it :)

Very nice! I've seen much worse titles, so if you like it, go with it. Two suggestions that might make it even better: (1) get rid of the two light spots on the leaves in the lower part of the frame; and (2) crop a little on the left to eliminate a couple of blades of grass and throw the water droplets a little off center.

Beautiful picture! And, I am a liker of the corny, so I like the title. :)

That little T1i sure takes a purdy picture. :) Nice work.

Thank you all, for the encouragement.

@ pbelarge, you may be right but it’s hard to know what will resonate with people.
@ Fokker, Jackiejay, Jacki, Bus Rider: thank you for looking and the positive comments.
@ KenC: The two white spots are bird poop. However, I see your point and will see if cloning them out improves the picture. Same for the crop. Although part of the attraction of the existing image to me is the balance between the two brown leaves (upper right and lower left), the two yellow leaves (upper left and lower right), and the change in shape of the center leaf. I appreciate your feedback and will experiment a little.
@ Bitter Jeweler and PerfectlyFlawed: you didn’t leave a comment, but since you liked Paul’s comment, I will assume that you are in agreement with him that the title was/is corny. I think we can all agree on that. Sometimes corny works, and sometimes it doesn’t.

Guess it’s time for another post to gather comments…

really good shot. composed well, love the colors. I might have cloned out the two little white splotches (bird doo doo?).

but expected something to do with military fallen heroes! lol

Thank you all, for the encouragement.

@ pbelarge, you may be right but it’s hard to know what will resonate with people.
@ Fokker, Jackiejay, Jacki, Bus Rider: thank you for looking and the positive comments.
@ KenC: The two white spots are bird poop. However, I see your point and will see if cloning them out improves the picture. Same for the crop. Although part of the attraction of the existing image to me is the balance between the two brown leaves (upper right and lower left), the two yellow leaves (upper left and lower right), and the change in shape of the center leaf. I appreciate your feedback and will experiment a little.
@ Bitter Jeweler and PerfectlyFlawed: you didn’t leave a comment, but since you liked Paul’s comment, I will assume that you are in agreement with him that the title was/is corny. I think we can all agree on that. Sometimes corny works, and sometimes it doesn’t.

Guess it’s time for another post to gather comments…

Yeah i do agree, but it doesnt affect the beauty of the shot. I also second what he said re: the shot. Nice find !

That little T1i sure takes a purdy picture. :) Nice work.

Credit should go to the Tamron 90mm macro lens (my guess), not the body.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back