Technical questions

Your correct Kodak no longer makes paper, haven't in years. If you find some, i wouldn't buy as it is likely to fog and as your just getting started there is no need to deal with that issue.

I tend to support Ilford as they are in for the long haul (with black and white photography) and in fact recently released a new paper.

Just remember fiber paper requires longer exposure times and longer development times, fixer times and washing times.

Your correct Kodak no longer makes paper, haven't in years. If you find some, i wouldn't buy as it is likely to fog and as your just getting started there is no need to deal with that issue.

I tend to support Ilford as they are in for the long haul (with black and white photography) and in fact recently released a new paper.

Just remember fiber paper requires longer exposure times and longer development times, fixer times and washing times.
Good to know.
As far as developing time,does the time effects the print in any way?

Ilford is the best, you can get. Kodak and Agfa are out. Oriental has limited offer, but is also excellent. In FB also Berger is the top of the line, but expensive.(In comparison)

Yes, and in fact you need to be a clock watcher not a print watcher.

With fiber, pick some place between 2-3 minutes and be consistence, with Ilford RC paper, 90 secs. i.e.( 2 minutes, 2.5, or 3 minutes. )

Learning to be consistence with the whole workflow makes the darkroom work easier, and a lot more fun.

Making a consistent good negative, is the starting point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back