Tele-Converters - Worth The Investment?

LuiePL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just wondering what people thought of using teleconverters. This would be for use on a normal lens as well as a telephoto lens. Are certain types better than others (i.e. 1.4x vs 2x) as far as picture quality is concerned?

It's down on the list right now, as I just purchased my first digital SLR. I still need a good flash and telephoto lens.

oh, and welcome to the forum :)

LuiePL, what specifically are you wanting to hook up a teleconverter to? What is your camera/lens combo? We can better help if we know these few details.

Right now I have a EF-S 18-55MM IS the camera came with, but I would be considering the extender after I bought a telephoto lens.

I would advise getting the best quality telephoto you can, then a matched converter. Otherwise the converter image quality will be disappointing.

I personally do not have experience with TC but from what I have read they can cause AF to be a little laggy as well. Some correct me if I am wrong.

Well the ultimate for me would be the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM lens, but I don't have $1200. But more realisticly it would be the EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM lens for about $200. I know it has a limited f stop range, but I've seen decent reviews on it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
why not compromise somewhere in the middle and grab the 70-200 F4L? It's awesome, and a great bargain.

why not compromise somewhere in the middle and grab the 70-200 F4L? It's awesome, and a great bargain.

did a quick search and I found one for about $550. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back