Teleconverter

There is an 85mm 1.4 L - but even though it's an "L", the Canon TC's will not fit it.

The Canon TC's are white - as far as I know they fit all white lenses. (All white lenses are L's, but not all L's are white.)
If the lens is the same color as the (Canon) TC, it should fit.

1Dmk1 + canon 1.4x + kenko 2x + 300mmF2.8L :lol: had to try it got stuck on the wrong side of the track

188061935_hTb62-L.jpg

188061901_J8WgK-L.jpg

There is an 85mm 1.4 L - but even though it's an "L", the Canon TC's will not fit it.

The Canon TC's are white - as far as I know they fit all white lenses. (All white lenses are L's, but not all L's are white.)

The 85mm "L" series lenses are f/1.2. There was an original (mark I) and currently a mark II -- but both are f/1.2. The USM non-L is an f/1.8. The tele converters do work with some non-white lenses. That link I included in my last post is Canon's official instructions (in PDF form) which has a table listing all compatible lenses.

But kenko 2x and 300F2.8L is pretty good, i only use them on this lens, The Kenko is very good for the money mine is the 300Pro only cost me £60

188042218_XuHN3-L.jpg

The 85mm "L" series lenses are f/1.2. There was an original (mark I) and currently a mark II -- but both are f/1.2. The USM non-L is an f/1.8. The tele converters do work with some non-white lenses. That link I included in my last post is Canon's official instructions (in PDF form) which has a table listing all compatible lenses.
Oops - my bad, I thought it was 1.4 (the L version).

edit
I think what I said is still accurate though (although incomplete). Are there any white lenses that the TC will not mate up to?

Oops - my bad, I thought it was 1.4 (the L version).

edit
I think what I said is still accurate though (although incomplete). Are there any white lenses that the TC will not mate up to?

It doesn't work with the white 70-300 L.

Alas... it doesn't matter because the 2x adapter isn't compatible with that lens. You can see the compatibility list here: http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0300004658/01/extender-ef-2x-iii-en.pdf
Not exactly true. The Canon TC is not compatible. That is not true of all TC's.Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300 DG Teleconverter for Canon

The OP was asking about TC's, not specifically Canon.

Good catch. I'd been reading each comment before replying and after reading enough comments on Canon's adapter, I thought the OP had asked about it... but they had not. Sorry for the confusion.

I use my 2x Extender III on my Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM - yes I lose two stops but with no degradation whatsoever to the image quality. Awesome kit that marries up quite nicely :)

The compatible charts I've seen only match to other Canon lenses ... when I asked Canon if the 2x III would work (AF) on a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8, they told me that they don't test on 3rd party lenses, and wished me good luck. Any idea if I can get AF to work with my sigma lens using the Canon extender?

tks,

r

I use my 2x Extender III on my Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM - yes I lose two stops but with no degradation whatsoever to the image quality. Awesome kit that marries up quite nicely :)

The compatible charts I've seen only match to other Canon lenses ... when I asked Canon if the 2x III would work (AF) on a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8, they told me that they don't test on 3rd party lenses, and wished me good luck. Any idea if I can get AF to work with my sigma lens using the Canon extender?

tks,

r

I would guess that IF you can get it to fit, the AF should work. The contact array is the same for all Canon and Canon compatible lenses. The big issue is if the TC will fit on the lens. Canons TC will not fit all of their lenses due to the placement of the rear elements. You physically may not be able to get the TC to attach to the lens with out A. damaging the TC, B. Damaging the rear element of the lens or C. All of the above. That is probably why they wished you good luck.

Most reactions

Back