What's new

Tell me what you think, Car photos inside

DirtyUp

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida for now
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey ladies and gents, I had an account here before but I can't access the email to recover it, I was pretty much a lurker anyways haha.

Anyways, I'm a hobby photographer and am brand spankin new at post-processing with photoshop. So here are my first attempts, first ones I did simple things like editing people and signs out I didn't want. Last one is me trying to be a little more creative. Don't hesitate to tell me I'm an idiot! Thanks a head of time for your input.


Tried to go with some artificial lighting at a gas station

Fuel up by Dirty_Up, on Flickr

Might be my favorite one..

Pray by Dirty_Up, on Flickr

Can you spot what is missing?

Keep it Clean by Dirty_Up, on Flickr

I had to edit 3 people out of this one, I'll say where later, but did I leave any obvious traces of editing?

Sail by Dirty_Up, on Flickr

Tried to get a more emotional shot instead of a static shot. Tell me if you think it's over done

A light in the dark by Dirty_Up, on Flickr
 
Could see where you edited the people out, even though I looked pretty hard.
The last one (BW) I like the best even though I dont like spot coloring which it seems to work in that shot. Though I would like to see a little more of the car even if it was just so it didnt cut off the subaru badge.
 
Nice STI bro, try doing photo's of cars at night near cities or other artificial lighting, sometimes even using flashes in darker places. Best thing is, once the car is parked, its easy to just do a longer exposure to capture good light.
 
Thanks for the advice guys, things I will keep in mind in the future!
 
Did you take the statue out of #3? A light in the dark is my fav, nice shot.
 
Did you take the statue out of #3? A light in the dark is my fav, nice shot.

haha yeah I did, it looked like the statue was sticking out of my sunroof or something. Thanks!
 
A light in the dark is the best one. All of them have some thing that is distracting from the car. Pick settings that don't have clutter or make sure that it is out of focus enough to not take away from the subject.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom