Tempted?

Totally fit macro work, eh?

Seriously, can you imagine a 2x teleconverter on a 1.5x crop dSLR. 3600mm? Just what I need...I've always wanted to get the ear of my favorite athlete...

i would think you could see the ear "drum" itself !!

Nobody said I could afford it.

I just said that I seriously considered it.

I like seeing things in a cart, makes me feel like I turned down the option to buy it, you know? But, yeah, what if I'd accidentally ordered it? HAHA. That'd be have been a scary experience.

ha ha!!! :lol:

The angle of view is absolutely ludicrous.

Mother9.jpg

The little colored square is the field of view of the 1200, picture taken with a 50mm. What an insane lens.

That is insane!!!

Need something longer? A Canon Extender EF 1.4x boosts the beast up to a 1680/8, and the Canon Extender EF 2x will get you to a 2400/11. For what it's worth, if you couple this lens to a Rebel XTi or EOS 40D you end up with the 35mm-equivalent of 1920/5.6, a 2688/8 with a 1.4x extender, and a 3840/11 with a 2x extender. If you need to focus any tighter to your subject you'll have to hop a plane and fly there.
Thats what I need, a 3,840 f/11 lens!! LOL!

Wow, their features section jokes a lot more then any other product I've seen of theirs...they must know they're not selling this thing any time soon. I wouldn't pay that much...no way.

Wow, their features section jokes a lot more then any other product I've seen of theirs...they must know they're not selling this thing any time soon. I wouldn't pay that much...no way.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that little bit of humor. No matter what people say, I think jewish people can be hilarious.

I have a contract with a company that used to have B&H as a client.... trust me... Money is not a shortage for them. It wasn't back then (10+ years ago) and it definitely isn't now.

Also... Try taking an item you have and fill out their online form requesting a quote for a cash-in. You should do it and be amazed how little they give for a cash in on a used item. From my observation they will only give you between 50% to 60% of what they will inturn sell the item for. So even if it took a year to sell that 1200mm lens, $50-40K of pure profit is worth it to them.

I could never bring myself for a cash in but they seem to have a stream of people willing to take a loss for $$$ on a newer item.

Most reactions

Back