What's new

Tenba Medium Shootout Backpack

Santa Gertrudis

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
321
Reaction score
0
Location
San Marcos, Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anybody have one? Good, bad and ugly? I'm looking into one so that I can add tripod carrying capability. I have the Lowepro CompuDaypack right now, and I love it other than the fact that I have nowhere to put a tripod! I wish there was a way I could add a couple of straps or something...

Any help is appreciated!
 
I had that bag. For about a day. It's pretty well designed but it weighs a ton. With D300s, 70-200mm, 18-55mm, 60mm, SB-600 Flash, HP Elite Book and a few day trip items.... I literally had a hard time picking it up off the floor let alone carry it around all day. Same items in either of my Tamrac bags. No problem.
 
That's what I was afraid of. It just looks heavy sitting there.

Which Tamrac bags do you have?
 
The bag I use the most is a Tamrac Aero Speed Pack 85 Dual Access. I use it because it has a nice day pack storage area, laptop compartment, quick access, and fits my 70-200. It has plastic brackets on the bottom that I looped 2 straps of velcro through for a tripod. This bag however has thin shoulder straps and can be pretty uncomfortable after 6-8 hours and leaves the front of my shoulders pretty sore the next day. It's still the only bag I've found that holds everything I need.

I also have a Tamrac Expedition 5x. Holds all my lenses but doesn't have a day pack compartment and only fits a 11"/12" laptop. So I can't carry my HP EliteBook. This bag however is nice and light and built for all day carrying.
 
Those are some nice bags for sure! Thanks for the info! I'm thinking I may get some velcro straps and have them sewn on my current bag and see if that wont hold the tripod ok. If it works, great! If not, well, I was gonna buy another bag anyway!
 
The eternal search for the perfect bag...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom