Terrace Hill

1hdr4u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a HDR photo of Terrace Hill mansion in Des Moines, IA. I used my Canon eos 60d with kit lense, and used Photomatix Pro software to process it. I'm new to HDR so hopefully I'll learn more on how to make my photos look good.

Attachments

• $Hubbell 1.jpg
    $Hubbell 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 121
The top of it looks dark. The process is pushed too far for me..... the blue sky is gray.

Not bad at all. I like the colors.

Few things. As mentioned the top of the building is dark. Some your whites are blowing out in the sky and the building (corner edging) There is some CA going on in the trees and the sky does look a bit dirty so clean that up.

I think for composition its a bit tight and the picture would benefit from either a wider lens or moving back some to get the whole structure in.

If you wanted to go for a bit more realistic look that I would adjust the saturation a bit..I personally like vibrant rich photos so this does not bother me one bit.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'm still learning this and hopefully will be getting better images. I will be posting more photos in the future. I also wanted to add that I think HDR is the most exciting form of photography that they've come up with and I enjoy it very much. Hope you do too.

Welcom to the forum. I haven't done HDR so I can't really comment on that but you seem to have some barrell distortion and the top and bottom of the building have been cut off. It's a pretty building, I can see why you wanted to photograph it.

1hdr4u said:
This is a HDR photo of Terrace Hill mansion in Des Moines, IA. I used my Canon eos 60d with kit lense, and used Photomatix Pro software to process it. I'm new to HDR so hopefully I'll learn more on how to make my photos look good.

Nice picture

As has been mentioned a different lens is necessary. But as far as the processing there are a few small things wrong with this. There is a lot of Chromatic Aberration going on which should be fixed. The clouds are kind of dirty and there is dirty splotches on the house. The clouds can be fixed by moving the Highlight smoother to the right. Im not sure if it will affect those dirty blotches on the house or not. Also you should correct the lens distortion so the house lines are vertical rather than leaning in. If you used Photomatix you should have used deghosting on the trees. It seems there was some movement among the branches. Colorwise I like this with the exception of the aforementioned dirty blotches.

Most reactions

Back