test shots with a new umbrella

xzyragon

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got a 42" PBL umbrella + stand because I thought it was the time to get some modifiers for my speedlite. Set everything up in my room to test it out when my roommate strolled in and struck a pose. Took this as the opportunity to (quickly) test out the flash, and spent 15 minutes last night doing a couple B&W conversions as practice.

(Yes I know that stripped thing in the background is distracting. It's a laundry hamper on my bed. I literally only had time to set this up and snap 3 shots before we went to go rock climbing).

As always, C&C please. I love hearing your guys' feedback so that when I actually get around to doing a real photoshoot, I'll have your advice to keep in mind.

15428782292_15ace50af6_k.jpg 15428783782_644618aaf7_k.jpg 15428778892_46a3da189f_k.jpg 15406066746_4aa2c04ce6_k.jpg

Not bad! I'd try it with the brolly up a bit higher (catchlig more in a 10 o'clock position) and maybe pulled a littler further toward the camera. The shadow on the near side of his cheek is just a bit dark for my taste.

Not bad! I'd try it with the brolly up a bit higher (catchlig more in a 10 o'clock position) and maybe pulled a littler further toward the camera. The shadow on the near side of his cheek is just a bit dark for my taste.

I probably liked it because it gave a little more of that dramatic look that I haven't been able to get with natural light.

I've also noticed that his face is too dark in the 4th one after the B&W conversion. Probably de-saturated the red and oranges too much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back