Tested the a55

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've mentioned it a few other places, but my wife just got her a55 back (FINALLY) from cleaning. Naturally, my curiosity gets the best of me, so I had to give it a try. Here's the first product, done with the SAL 50mm f1.8 and a Hoya CS "cross-screen" or whatever (I call them star filters) filter. ISO: 800. There was VERY little noise. I was quite impressed. Leaps and bounds ahead of her old a230. How's it looking?

DSC00119 by longm1985, on Flickr

Should have messed with the white balance a little though. Oh well, what can I say-first time with a new camera. :lol:

Looks okay I guess. Christmas ornaments are tough to photograph many times, since they are often very dark, plus the lights are very bright,and so you have a tricky scene. Did Lightroom 4.1 and its stock ACR module raw converter engine handle the a55's raw files?

It did just fine, actually. And I agree, it does fall kinda flat. Needs something more, but overall, I like the camera.

Step one: acquire cat. Step two: create automatic CAT-a-pult (HAHAHAHA HAHA eh oh that's not really funny) Step three: get remote for Sony a55. Step four: throw cat at tree while taking photo. Step five: ??? Step six: profit.

Dali is one of my favorite personalities of all time. He was just an odd, odd human being. Fascinatingly odd.

Step one: acquire cat.

Ok, I like this plan so far. I'm excited to be a part of it!

Step two: create automatic CAT-a-pult (HAHAHAHA HAHA eh oh that's not really funny)

Well not if your the cat, but then again they are not well known for their sense of humor so.. lol

Step three: get remote for Sony a55. Step four: throw cat at tree while taking photo. Step five: ??? Step six: profit.

Ok, well not sure what to put in for step 5 but I'm guessing "Contact PETA" probably wouldn't go there.. lol

Actually, it goes like this:

Step one: cut a hole in the box.....

Most reactions

Back