Testing Outdoors C&C Welcome

gpardo64

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A bit of moving target in a late afternoon. Comments are welcome.

4315455960_9da3639825_b.jpg

Thanks. Out of 40 photos blurry, underexposed and especially out of focus, this one was the only that seems rigth.
It is hard when the target is moving.

gotta love digital for just that reason! save the best and trash the rest. :)

Great shot I'm jealous. :) I read recently in a photography book that the author recommends using the multi-shot feature on digital cameras and hold the shutter release down for several shots. He commented that on outdoor or really important shoots he would use that feature often because usually out of a dozen or so shots one would come out really great. That's what I love about digital.

What settings are you using ? Horses are one of my main subjects and when you know what settings to use they are very easy to shoot

These were the settings: exposure 1/500, aperture f5.3 and ISO 800.
I am using a D5000 with a AF-S 55-200 lens.

Aperture is good to get horse and rider in DOF, shutter is high enough to stop action, so it must be down to focus i only use the centre focus point AI servo (constant focus) not sure what it is called on Nikon

Aperture is good to get horse and rider in DOF, shutter is high enough to stop action, so it must be down to focus i only use the centre focus point AI servo (constant focus) not sure what it is called on Nikon

I think is called AF-C (continuous focus) at least in the Nikon D5000

Most reactions

Back