Testing...testing...

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought it was time to run a test of my SB-26 speedlights. I lined them all up pointing at wifey's closet doors so I could evaluate the relative brightness of them just in case one or more was growing weaker. Turns out they all had the same apparent brightness.

All but one, which wasn't in the shot. One of them is now a former speedlight, as it malfunctioned when I was setting up the shot. It was firing spontaneously all on its own, so I turned it off and put it on top of a dresser. After a while, I heard a loud "pop", and the focus-assist light was on and staying on.

I don't know if I want to take it apart to see the inside, but I might someday. Had 8, now have 7. I fired these with another small speedlight on a Pocket Wizard.

Speaking of PW, my Flex TT5 quit working a few months ago, so now I have two pieces of junk that I could take apart just to see what is inside. Or not.

Here is the shot of the 7 good ones firing at the closet doors:

DSC_2114.jpg

Jeff,

Wouldn't this test be better at night or with the window covered? Also with the beams parallel to the image instead of perpendicular?

Tim

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Jeff,

Wouldn't this test be better at night or with the window covered? Also with the beams parallel to the image instead of perpendicular?

Tim
You might be right. When I first thought about doing this test, I actually thought about doing it outdoors at night. Then the weather turned chilly, and I no longer wanted to to it like that. :p

I hope that you will actually try that outdoors-at-night-test! Shades of O. Winston Link, perhaps?
Now that is inspirational, thanks! That man must have used some powerful lights.

Actually, there is one shot that I have been thinking about for quite a while: At a local park, there are some large stones placed for something like a miniature stone circle, (but rather haphazardly). I envision several flashes hidden behind the stones and make my shot while the moon rises in the background. I'm not even sure if that park is open after dark. :lol:

Yeah I think that would be a really good idea. You have nothing to lose by trying it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back