Testing

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some shots I took today of birds @ our suet ball. I welcome C&C.

IMG_1526C.jpg

IMG_1546C.jpg

IMG_1535C.jpg

Man, you've got great looking birds. Great closeups and detail. I love the tiny red feather on the head of #2. And #1 is a great shot. Have to go get my wife, who loves these bird pics.

Really great again Ron..
You do realize you inspired me to go out and do the suet thing it wasn't as easy as you may think but more of that another time..
It's been up for 4 days and nothing yet!!! I'm not too far from your location so I'm holding out hope :)

They all look nice. I like the VERY out of focus backround. Must be pretty far away. Usually I can tell what the backround could be...

I like the personality of the birds. They look like you posed them.
>>"hey stupid bird move yer head a bit to the right"
>>"gimme 50 more bucks and Ill do it"
>>"you bird brains and your moods"

LOL!

Very sharp captures. I think you got a pair of Hairy Woodpeckers and a Black-capped Chickadee.

Try hanging a small 4-5 inch log a couple of feet away for them to land on and get 'natural' shots without seeing the suet bag.

TF

Thanks all for your responses, they are appreciated.

The reason this thread is titled "testing" is because cheerful, not so cheerful, just Corinna said I was posting in the wrong forum & that I should post in "Nature & Wildlife". Well I posted these pics there & after about 30 views & not a single response I came back here to test whether or not my pics would get a response.

Old Clicker, The female #1 is a Harry but the male #2 is a Downy but due to the heavy cropping you cannot see enough of him to make the identification. As much as I like to capture critters in a natural environment I wonder if I were to hang a branch/log section under our balcony with a sign saying "sit here for photo op" if they would co-operate. :wink:

"...but the male #2 is a Downy..." Really couldn't tell, but the beak looked a little long for a downy.

"As much as I like to capture critters in a natural environment I wonder if I were to hang a branch/log section under our balcony with a sign saying "sit here for photo op" if they would co-operate." You do have to pay union scale for models.

TF

Most reactions

Back