Tethering Question

FaultyShutter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yet another tethering question for you guys. I shoot with a Canon 50D and plan to tether via USB. I am looking for a free program/ script that would allow me to change at the least exposure via the computer. (If it exists). Just learned how to tether via Aperture tonight. (Yeah sorry forgot to add, I use Mac OSX most up to date blah blah blah) If a solution exists please let me know!

Thanks,
Tim

Does the Canon software that shipped with the camera work on Mac? I run Linux, and I know it doesn't run on that, lol...

You might have a chance with Mac though... If it does work, it can do everything you want.

I don't know of any open source tethering programs... If there are any, I would like to know about them though.

Every Canon DSLR comes with a free software which can do that. It can't be used on MAC (can't test it myself) or you just forgot to RTFM?

Just to clear things up to avoid confusion - I moved O|||||||O (you know I can't put a 's after your name... ;)) post in from the duplicate thread on this topic and deleted the duplicate thread itself since we don't need two running from the same person on the site.

Yes I apologize for that. Still a noob and looking for all the little delete buttons and whatnot. Wont do it again promise ;)

Not too much of a programming wiz when it comes to that :( Not sure how to take that binary package and run it on my mac. It would be very useful if it does work. If anyone knows of an older version of the EOS Utility floating around on the web that is for the mac I know how to crack it so it can run without the disk. Im currently overseas and dont have the disk handy :(

Doesn't Mac use a software repository (like Linux)? I thought it did ... you should be able to just type 'wine' in it's search box and automatically download & install it...

I don't know if the commands would be different in Mac (it's still a bash shell, right?) but in Linux you should be able to just open a terminal and type
Code:
sudo apt-get install wine
It shouldn't be much different in Mac...

...Looks like the 'code' tags don't work here.

Last edited:
Actually found a cracked mac version of the Utility online after some serious searching. Im going to try to install wine and get it running on my mac anyway though for the future. Thanks for all the help though :)

Does the Canon software that shipped with the camera work on Mac? I run Linux, and I know it doesn't run on that, lol...

You might have a chance with Mac though... If it does work, it can do everything you want.

I don't know of any open source tethering programs... If there are any, I would like to know about them though.

Why do you run Linux..? I don't believe I have ever seen a Linux computer

Most reactions

Back