Texas Moon

Really like this shot, very nice!

Looks nice, Iike the blue sky and the clarity of the air is very good. Needs a touch of CA correction though as you have a little fringing 😉

Very nice shot. And you got two of the finest craters on the near side: Copernicus in the north and Tycho in the south. In the larger version you can see the sunlight on the western rim of Copernicus and, I think, just the tip of its central peaks. Well done.

Really like this shot, very nice!
Thank you!
Looks nice, Iike the blue sky and the clarity of the air is very good. Needs a touch of CA correction though as you have a little fringing 😉
Thank you! Yes, I need to figure out how to do that in PS or LR. Something to do this weekend. :)
Very nice shot. And you got two of the finest craters on the near side: Copernicus in the north and Tycho in the south. In the larger version you can see the sunlight on the western rim of Copernicus and, I think, just the tip of its central peaks. Well done.
Thank you! My dad was big into astonomy, and I would have loved to have gotten his Questar, but my step mom gave it away. You could count the rings on Saturn with that thing. It had the tracking motor, and a camera adapter to mount a 35mm SLR. What pictures I could capture!

Thank you!

Thank you! Yes, I need to figure out how to do that in PS or LR. Something to do this weekend. :)

Thank you! My dad was big into astonomy, and I would have loved to have gotten his Questar, but my step mom gave it away. You could count the rings on Saturn with that thing. It had the tracking motor, and a camera adapter to mount a 35mm SLR. What pictures I could capture!
Ouch! I guess she didn’t know what she had. Those things are not inexpensive. But what a wonderful memento of your dad that would have been and, yes, coupled with your camera — the photos!

I'd also do some kind kind of blur over the blue colour in the sky ... to be honest, looking on the photo as it is now is not much pleasure, that artificially textured blue mass is not very nice + moon surface is bit overexposed and without contrast .. you have photos not ok to edit so I cannot show you my 2-minutes adjustment ...

Last edited:
I'd also do some kind kind of blur over the blue colour in the sky ... to be honest, looking on the photo as it is now is not much pleasure, that artificially textured blue mass is not very nice + moon surface is bit overexposed and without contrast .. you have photos not ok to edit so I cannot show you my 2-minutes adjustment ...
Thank you! I will see if I can do something about that. I spent some time researching CA correction, but didn't have much luck. LR modified the color. I opened it in PS, and it was much closer to what was actually taken, but I'm at a loss as to how to get rid of the chromatic abberation around the edges, since I can't find a profile for the lens. I'm just happy that I was able to get the detail of the craters, which is a start for me.

Reactions: ntz
Sorting CA it in lightroom is pretty easy, just go to the lens corrections tab, check the box to remove CA. That should sort out most of it, though sometimes you need to go into the profiles and play about with the sliders until it dissapears.

Here's a youtube video on how to do it in photoshop

Nice shot.....
Thank you!
Sorting CA it in lightroom is pretty easy, just go to the lens corrections tab, check the box to remove CA. That should sort out most of it, though sometimes you need to go into the profiles and play about with the sliders until it dissapears.

Here's a youtube video on how to do it in photoshop

Thank you! I'll look at it in both LR and LRC and see what I can do with it. There's an app or plugin that is supposed to let one search if there is a profile created for a specific lens by users, so I'll be looking for that as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back