pgriz
Been spending a lot of time on here!
- Joined
- Jul 30, 2010
- Messages
- 6,734
- Reaction score
- 3,221
- Location
- Canada
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
So Mishele has shown us some of her gorgeous flower pics, including the ones at the gallery, and I loved them so much, I wanted to copy her style. Turns out, it's not so simple. I've shot many but none are yet anywhere her level of imagery.
However, I'm a stubborn person, and the ones below show a little of what I'm trying. Still a long way to go, but.... baby steps.
First, the one on the left is the way I have shot the flowers before. F/16 and lots of DOF.

The one on the right is at f/2.8.
Tamron 90mm macro for both, Tripod, delayed shutter release, focusing by live-view.
Personally, I really like the one on the right. What do you think?
However, I'm a stubborn person, and the ones below show a little of what I'm trying. Still a long way to go, but.... baby steps.
First, the one on the left is the way I have shot the flowers before. F/16 and lots of DOF.

The one on the right is at f/2.8.
Tamron 90mm macro for both, Tripod, delayed shutter release, focusing by live-view.
Personally, I really like the one on the right. What do you think?
Yeh, I know Cloudwalker. But part of learning new things, is to see if I can use her techniques to get something that looks like hers. I have, till recently, rarely used the wide-open apertures to isolate a subject, and after seeing the stunning results Mishele was able to get, resolved to at least experiment with the method and see what I could do with it. Turns out, it requires a different kind of visual conception, which I have by no means have a good grasp of, so this posting, was in effect a milestone of progress along what I image to be a long road. And I totally agree with you, Mishele is one of a kind. We are fortunate that she shares her art with us, to inspire, to teach, and occasionally, to annoy