Tharmsen this ones for you....

Ecas32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
you did such a great job reducing noise in my last shot, i thought you might like to do it again! you dont have to if you dont want to; im sure someone else will take up the job if you dont.

....well it wasnt overcast today, i just didnt get to shoot untill late afternoon.

IMG_0897.jpg

Download neat image. There is a freeware version that will do this for you.

3304368053_fab87964df_o.jpg

Last edited:
ooh thanks! i love FREEware!

that program works good but it makes the edges of the bird really soft

They were soft to begin with as the focus is off. There are settings that can be played but if you look at the stick to the right of the bird that is where your focus is.

All noise reduction software does that. That's why it's important to get the exposure right since a well exposed image will have less noise in it.

Is this image the full sized picture or did you crop it?

And is this shot data correct?

ISO - 1600
Aperture - f/5.6
Shutter Speed - 1/640
Focal Length - 300mm

Why did you shoot this at ISO 1600? You probably could have shot this a ISO 400 and it would have come out okay. Even ISO 800 would have given you less noise and better image to work with.
They were soft to begin with as the focus is off. There are settings that can be played but if you look at the stick to the right of the bird that is where your focus is.
Ohhh...didn't notice the focus was off. Yeah, it's important to get the subject in focus too.

All noise reduction software does that. That's why it's important to get the exposure right since a well exposed image will have less noise in it.

Is this image the full sized picture or did you crop it?

And is this shot data correct?

ISO - 1600
Aperture - f/5.6
Shutter Speed - 1/640
Focal Length - 300mm

Why did you shoot this at ISO 1600? You probably could have shot this a ISO 400 and it would have come out okay. Even ISO 800 would have given you less noise and better image to work with.

yes this is croped. alot.

and (haha!) yes i did shoot at 1600.
it was getting late, about to turn dark. i was going inside, and this little bird captured my attention. i was shooting free handed, so i didnt want to risk motion blur from camera shake, so i shot at 1600. i got a shot off at 800, but there is a little bit of camera shake.
the reason it looks like it is sunny light is because i was shooting in raw and this looked like the best setting for it (daylight)

Maybe you just need to buy a faster telephoto.

suggestions?
id like to keep the cost a little low..... (im 15)

My suggestion in that case would be learn to embrace the noise. You're looking at more than doubling your investment.

jazek, how much that set u back? them IS lenses are a little pricy. and i think i may be getting a job soon......

Brand new they go for around $1700 to $2200 depending on the vendor.

Used prices can vary greatly. Best price I've heard for a used EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM was around $1250.

I got mine $1500 used. New is about $1800 at B&H(tax already added)

I'm glad someone helped ya out. I got slammed with work last night and had to drop off.

Did you get a chance to download some noise reduction software?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back