% that make a profession of photog after college

I've changed it... thanks for the off-topic pointer (a PM probably would've been more suitable).

Haha, I don't think I could master the language of Japanese in a year.

So, after 3 years of photography, about what percent go on to being a professional photographer?

That would be stretching my powers of supported speculation into the realm of almost complete fantasy. Err, I don't know. Same maybe? 5%~10% ??

i went to law school, and i am a professional photographer...law school cost about the same as brooks, good luck

i'm sorry, what?

(btw - love your portfolio)

just a joke, i think you can have a photography career with out formal education. i wish i never went to law school, heck, i wish i never went to college! i would have started my photography work sooner! but sometimes it takes a while to figure what you want to do...maybe you will go to brooks and become lawyer!

jay

sorry, most things go right over my head... :oops:

I would love to start working right out of high school, but I definitely do need to learn more and I think the best place to do that would be in college.

I have considered doing photo sessions for kids and pets (for a minimal cost) so I could get some more experience with portraits. however, I don't have a studio to work in... I would have to work outside, most likely.

You have to do what you think is right for you. I think getting a job in the field for a little while might help you make your choice. I worked in a portrait studio for a year and it definitely helped push me towards pursuing this as a career. I'm starting photography school in a week! Remember also that education of any kind is never a waste. Good luck with your decision. :)

if i'm dropping vet school for this, i'm pretty sure i'm committed.
but, just in case, i'm thinking about going to a liberal arts college and take some science/math as electives... just in case. but right now, I really do believe photography is right for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back