FoundMyCamera
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jul 18, 2009
- Messages
- 13
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Auburn CA
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I know it's been asked before, so redirect me to a past thread if need be.
I am drooling over those images I see that are tack sharp, especially with people in the photos (not up close portraits) ...also the white balance and color has a certain clarity to it that I can not seem to come up with. I would post an example but have yet to figure that out...
I shoot with a Canon 50D and currently only have the kit lens 28-135mm...I realize it is at it's sharpest at the 9-11 ap. range...yet STILL I long for some really sharp images. I know part of it is lens quality. I also wonder if all those images I see are RAW? I shoot JPEG because its what I know...its easy and I'm just a hobbyist...but I wonder if this is something that will help and is worth figuring out and using space for?
Thanks!
I am drooling over those images I see that are tack sharp, especially with people in the photos (not up close portraits) ...also the white balance and color has a certain clarity to it that I can not seem to come up with. I would post an example but have yet to figure that out...
I shoot with a Canon 50D and currently only have the kit lens 28-135mm...I realize it is at it's sharpest at the 9-11 ap. range...yet STILL I long for some really sharp images. I know part of it is lens quality. I also wonder if all those images I see are RAW? I shoot JPEG because its what I know...its easy and I'm just a hobbyist...but I wonder if this is something that will help and is worth figuring out and using space for?
Thanks!
I've been interested in the prime lenses, especially the 50mm...I've seen great photos with it and it's quite the bang for the buck. However I feel so dependent on a range, and will use range to determine background focus, etc. I'm going on a big trip soon and like the ease of the range so I wanted to see how I could improve with that handicap (range vs prime)