What's new

That window

Actinometro

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
287
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
imgdsc910475.jpg
 
I like the color contrast and texture in the window, and the way these play off the concrete around it. However, the wall around the concrete doesn't add anything, so I'd crop so the concrete is at the edges of the frame. I might also darken between the shadows and mid-tones to enhance the colors and contrast a bit.
 
The best window i have seen so far in this forum :thumbsup:
 
I like the color contrast and texture in the window, and the way these play off the concrete around it. However, the wall around the concrete doesn't add anything, so I'd crop so the concrete is at the edges of the frame. I might also darken between the shadows and mid-tones to enhance the colors and contrast a bit.

Thank you for the advice, Ken.
 
Nice picture, nice exposure, etc - all nice, except for some tiny bit of easily correctable distortion on the right side seen here.

(I don't think of this as 'editing' just pointing out)


$imgdsc910475lllllll.webp
 
Is this what you mean, Ken ?

bh3kl.jpg
 
Last edited:
That is a nice shot!
I love the contrast and how the panels behind the window add depth.

The one thing I don't like, it seems to be tilted to the left.
 
This is an old house. Windows aren't perfectly rectangular anymore.
So, I was not much concerned about perfect geometry.
Besides, that lack of geometry is part of the charm of the windows. My opinion.
 
This is an old house. Windows aren't perfectly rectangular anymore.
So, I was not much concerned about perfect geometry.
Besides, that lack of geometry is part of the charm of the windows. My opinion.

I agree about the lack of perfection and rectangularity in old things but this seems to be a camera distortion; the left side of the frame is perfect and the right side is tilted.
If the frame had gone off square both sides would be off.
 
This is an old house. Windows aren't perfectly rectangular anymore.
So, I was not much concerned about perfect geometry.
Besides, that lack of geometry is part of the charm of the windows. My opinion.

I know the window isn't perfect and I agree that's what gives it the charm. But to me, it just seems the image it's a little off, not the window as you can clearly see isn't straight by fabrication. It could also just be me. ;)
 
This is an old house. Windows aren't perfectly rectangular anymore.
So, I was not much concerned about perfect geometry.
Besides, that lack of geometry is part of the charm of the windows. My opinion.

I know the window isn't perfect and I agree that's what gives it the charm. But to me, it just seems the image it's a little off, not the window as you can clearly see isn't straight by fabrication. It could also just be me. ;)

Of course it's not you.
There's still a bit of lense distortion and ilt.

What I meant is that in this case I consider irrelevant those small corrections.
 
This is an old house. Windows aren't perfectly rectangular anymore.
So, I was not much concerned about perfect geometry.
Besides, that lack of geometry is part of the charm of the windows. My opinion.

I know the window isn't perfect and I agree that's what gives it the charm. But to me, it just seems the image it's a little off, not the window as you can clearly see isn't straight by fabrication. It could also just be me. ;)

Of course it's not you.
There's still a bit of lense distortion and tilt.

What I meant is that in this case I consider irrelevant those small corrections.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom