The 24mm bug

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sunset at Weston- a small town up the coast from me

I got this shot using my Sigma 24mm f1.4 ART lens ( Sony FE mount) on my Sony a7Riv mounted on a tripod - loving this new lens and a new direction for me too :)

Su4XzcM.jpg

1/60th sec @ f10 - ISO 400

Les :)

Last edited:
That's a nice shot. I really like the shape of the building, and the colours in the sky are superb! Framing is very good and the exposure looks spot on.

The one thing I'd think about with shots like this is how much value the foreground adds. There's a lot of similar, small detail in the sand, and that can be a bit overwhelming on the eye. The weed at the edge of the water forms a line that almost breaks the image up. I'd suggest that it would have been more benificial to put the horizon near the bottom third line when shooting, that would have increased the amount of colourful sky and lost the less interesting foreground.

An alternative would have been to get lower down and closer to the foreground, which would have made it appear bigger and possibly given it more visual impact. Of course, you'd need to then balance the foreground and background, which can be tricky to do but it's often worth a bit of experimentation with.

As it is, it's a very nice shot, though I'd be tempted to crop it to a panoramic format and loose most of that bottom third.

As is it's a very nice image. A little tweaking as weepete mentioned perhaps because the clouds look way better than the foreground but regardless, I like this shot a lot. Love that buildings shape and color.

That's a nice shot. I really like the shape of the building, and the colours in the sky are superb! Framing is very good and the exposure looks spot on.

The one thing I'd think about with shots like this is how much value the foreground adds. There's a lot of similar, small detail in the sand, and that can be a bit overwhelming on the eye. The weed at the edge of the water forms a line that almost breaks the image up. I'd suggest that it would have been more benificial to put the horizon near the bottom third line when shooting, that would have increased the amount of colourful sky and lost the less interesting foreground.

An alternative would have been to get lower down and closer to the foreground, which would have made it appear bigger and possibly given it more visual impact. Of course, you'd need to then balance the foreground and background, which can be tricky to do but it's often worth a bit of experimentation with.

As it is, it's a very nice shot, though I'd be tempted to crop it to a panoramic format and loose most of that bottom third.
I appreciate the advice Pete- I could not get any lower POV as its Weston and famous for the quicksand mud, so I shot this from the promenade buddy :)
As is it's a very nice image. A little tweaking as weepete mentioned perhaps because the clouds look way better than the foreground but regardless, I like this shot a lot. Love that buildings shape and color.
Thank you Kirk- all advice taken on board, as I said this is al new to me being a wildlife photographer :)
Very nice shot!
Thank you Jeff :)

Les

A 24mm is my favorite wide lens as well Lez. For me it's more normal in the scope of wide angle lens presenting a more classic look. I use mine for landscape and people and street.

I like it, especially that you can see through the windows and appreciate the sunset as if you were their...

Borrowing a colloquial expression from our English cousins..."Brilliant"

Cheers,

Enezdez

A 24mm is my favorite wide lens as well Lez. For me it's more normal in the scope of wide angle lens presenting a more classic look. I use mine for landscape and people and street.
I shoot with Full Frame Sony bodies and I agree - 24mm in full frame ( no crop sensor) gives a more life like rendition :)
I like it, especially that you can see through the windows and appreciate the sunset as if you were their...

Borrowing a colloquial expression from our English cousins..."Brilliant"

Cheers,

Enezdez
Thank you Enezdez- I AM English and happy to see you think it's Brilliant

Les :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back