What's new

The Alps in HDR

Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
198
Reaction score
10
Location
London
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thought I might upload some of my holiday snaps. They are all HDR apart from the last.
C&C Welcome. Thanks!

IMGP0336_37_38_39_40_tonemapped.jpg


IMG_4721_tonemapped.jpg


IMG_4696_tonemapped.jpg


IMGP0312.jpg
 
Last edited:
I see nothing! Try again?
 
I see them now but honestly you should probably look at working on your compositional skills before trying your hand at advanced editing. ;)
 
I see them now but honestly you should probably look at working on your compositional skills before trying your hand at advanced editing. ;)
May I ask what's wrong with my compositional skills?
 
Trever1t said:
Other than the first one there is too much sky for one.

I see your point in the third, but im not sure its so much of a problem with the others. I wanted to include the moon in the last one and do there have to be such strict compositional rules anyway?
 
Trever1t said:
Other than the first one there is too much sky for one.
I see your point in the third, but im not sure its so much of a problem with the others.
It's especially problematic in 2 and 4. In shot 4, the moon is simply too high. If you're pointed East, you were too late. If pointed West, you were too early. Choosing the time of day to get a proper composition is an important aspect of planning a shot.Also, the first is devoid of color and the contrast is turned to mud, which I think detracts from it. The second and third have a lot of noise, which isn't doing anything positive for them. The fourth is way too dark.
I wanted to include the moon in the last one and do there have to be such strict compositional rules anyway?
Only if you want others to find your photography compelling to look at. Otherwise, no; Feel free to throw the general rules of composition out and do whatever you like.Either way, have fun with it. :)
 
Buckster said:
It's especially problematic in 2 and 4. In shot 4, the moon is simply too high. If you're pointed East, you were too late. If pointed West, you were too early. Choosing the time of day to get a proper composition is an important aspect of planning a shot.Also, the first is devoid of color and the contrast is turned to mud, which I think detracts from it. The second and third have a lot of noise, which isn't doing anything positive for them. The fourth is way too dark.Only if you want others to find your photography compelling to look at. Otherwise, no; Feel free to throw the general rules of composition out and do whatever you like.Either way, have fun with it. :)

OK Thanks a lot. Is there anything redeeming about these shots then?
:'(
 
Sure....just take the critique for future improvement.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom