The Barn at Serenbe. RIP IT!

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was headed to a nice restaurant with my wife and saw this barn. Pulled over and took this photo.

This is the best I can do (so far). Well...what 'cha think?? :thumbup::thumbdown: I have thick skin.

@ Serenbe, Chattahoochee Hills, Georgia

Attachments

• $Serenbe Barn.jpg
    $Serenbe Barn.jpg
    709.4 KB · Views: 123
Has a lot of potential... this would have been a nice HDR.... I did a quickie edit just to see what I came up with... lightened up the foreground some,and darkened the sky a bit...

Original
$Serenbe-Barn.jpg

Edit
$Serenbewww3dBarn.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^ Nice edit Charlie...you are right it does have a lot of potential....maybe the OP will work on it.

Thanks Mully!

Looks a little deep on my ipad...I like the barn shape, wish there was more foreground....work on it in post

I agree. My iPad is showing it much darker than my monitor was. I cropped out some foreground. It was an unattractive cattle-worn area...unless you're saying that'll still add character to the photo.

Last edited:
Here's the image with more foreground. I played around with it in Lightroom a bit too.

Attachments

• $Serenbe Barn2.jpg
    $Serenbe Barn2.jpg
    814.7 KB · Views: 114
That is a beautiful capture! If you get another shot at that barn, maybe try to use the fences as a sort of leading lines? :) Looks like a beautiful place!

The "more-foreground-one" with Charlie's method of editing applied would make it a really nice photo.

Alright, now what do you think?

Attachments

• $Serenbe Barn2.jpg
    $Serenbe Barn2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
Much nicer! I would still love to see this done well with about a 7 to 9 image HDR ( image fusion, NOT tone mapping)

I think the lesson here is to bracket the shots if the lighting is iffy. Then you have the option of some level of HDR if the image doesn't work from a single exposure. Of course, that means that you don't move the camera between shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back