The baseball playoffs thread 2018

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thought we might want to have a thread to chat about the playoffs instead of using Coffee House.

What do you all think of Sox/Yanks tonight? I'm hoping Sale was taking it easy during his last outing and will be ready to let it fly tonight against those beasts from NY.

Just turned on the Cleveland/Houston game, 4-2 so far. I have to root for Cleveland because of the Francona connection. Sorry Dave H.

As expected, David Price stunk up the place in his playoff start vs NYY. I hope Cora was lying when he said he would still be a starter for the playoffs. While I thought Cora was a bit quick with the hook last night, I don’t think it would have made a difference. Price just can’t get his big boy pants to stay up during important games.

Everyone thought the Sox bullpen would be the weak point but last night it was starting pitching and lack of offense - the two thinks that carried them toball thise wins. The bullpen, considering what they were asked to do the past 2 nights, was pretty good.

Astros look good. Will be interesting to see if Cleveland can bounce back.

Now the Coffee House will have nothing to chat about.

Coffee? Pennies? Weather?

I think Atlanta will win one for the home crowd tonight, even though Buehler is running hot.

Pulling for the Dodgers but was hoping it would be a better series. Thought Colorado would dominate tonight but they’re down 4 already.

Astros are looking good. JC thought the Indians would make the WS ... ain't gonna happen.
Well, they still have a chance but it doesn't look good. I guess there pitching isn't up to the task. I've been wrong a lot in the game of baseball, no doubt.

Milwaukee will have not lost a game in 3 weeks when it opens the NLCS on Friday, incredible. They look like a WS type team, a team of destiny. Their manager was a spunky player in his playoff days. He is so calm and collected.

Dodgers made a game of it I see as I had to go to bed. Been on the road since 4:30. My boy Chris Taylor got them all knotted up but they still lost. Dodgers Brewers series? Never would have thought that at the end of 2017 season. Dodgers got to win this next one.

Yankees are a dangerous team now that they stole one in Fenway. The Red Sox fans probably dislike Price even more than the Tigers fans. He was never on point in the playoffs, he just doesn't have the mental makeup of a playoff pitcher. His propensity to hang balls in the barrel zone are his demise. I would have put him in the bullpen and started Wright but what do I know. Here's the thing, he never has pitched well against the Yankees as long as I can remember, horrible post season stats. That one is a head scratcher to me. My guess is Dave Dombrowski made Cora put him in the rotation. I'm rooting for Boston only because I would love a Peg vs. Gary WS. That will make this thread super fun. JD Martinez looks just like my son. He's on the far left
2017_1225_17340900.jpg

Yes I can see the resemblance! Wow.

Yes I can see the resemblance! Wow.
I took him to a Tigers game and we had seats close to the Tigers dugout. We got close during batting practice and the team got a huge kick out it, especially Miggy. They were all checking hum out pointing at him, my son said he looks nothing like me, I'm handsome....lol he could grow a beard in 8th grade....

Got the Cleveland/Houston game on. It's nice to hear Orsillo and Eckersly calling the game. Eck is hilarious with his "cheese" talk and his unabashed love of the game. He's got some great stories when he gets rolling. Orsillo calls a good game. Miss having them in Boston.

Speaking of announcers/talking heads - I was super impressed by Joe Girardi on the mlb channel the other night. Excellent insight on the Sox/Yanks game. He had some really good explanations/guesses on the hitters and catchers moves when breaking down some of the key plays after the game.

Yikes, Cleveland pitcher just made some terrible errors and now it's tied with 2 on...

Got the Cleveland/Houston game on. It's nice to hear Orsillo and Eckersly calling the game. Eck is hilarious with his "cheese" talk and his unabashed love of the game. He's got some great stories when he gets rolling. Orsillo calls a good game. Miss having them in Boston.

Speaking of announcers/talking heads - I was super impressed by Joe Girardi on the mlb channel the other night. Excellent insight on the Sox/Yanks game. He had some really good explanations/guesses on the hitters and catchers moves when breaking down some of the key plays after the game.

Yikes, Cleveland pitcher just made some terrible errors and now it's tied with 2 on...
I heard G man too. He is brilliant but to militant. He really was an advanced manager but probably a little to tight for the millennial player.

Rich Hill is a warrior. He is ugly and mean. This is a man you want in your fox hole. I think he is the nastiest pitcher in baseball. He is 100% every pitch. IF I could duplicate a pitcher, I would make a staff of him. Chris Taylor would be my medic.

I was wrong with Cleveland.

Last edited:
Atlanta is done.

Most reactions

Back