The baseball playoffs thread 2018

Big hit by Freese and Machado. Dodger bullpen looking good.

BoSox spanking the monkey out of the Yanks. Nice.

Yes - it's about time! Was wondering where the offense went the last 2 games. Lots of high fives over here tonight - joy in Mudville. Will be interesting to see what Cora does with Price if the Sox advance. I expect it will be Porcello tomorrow night and then Sale if needed in a game 5.

After the Dodgers powered their way through Atlanta, Mary Lou and I had some udon for dinner. I noticed lots of Dodger caps floating around out there in the Southland.

(But I am apprehensive about the Brewers. The Brewers have been winning continuously for so long I fear they may have forgotten how to lose.)

After the Dodgers powered their way through Atlanta, Mary Lou and I had some udon for dinner. I noticed lots of Dodger caps floating around out there in the Southland.

(But I am apprehensive about the Brewers. The Brewers have been winning continuously for so long I fear they may have forgotten how to lose.)
It will be better if the Dodgers can steal game 1 in Milwaukee. Maybe settle the momentum down. You do see it, teams come into the playoffs hot and go for the ride. The Dodgers were 4 - 3 during regular season not that it really means anything. It should be a good series.

The Dodgers, in particular Kershaw, have steeled their resolve and seem to be determined not to be denied. Kershaw is getting older, the team has been improved ... I think Kershaw will carry the team both mentally and pitching to and through the WS. This may be Kershaw's best and final chance to win the WS.

The Dodgers, in particular Kershaw, have steeled their resolve and seem to be determined not to be denied. Kershaw is getting older, the team has been improved ... I think Kershaw will carry the team both mentally and pitching to and through the WS. This may be Kershaw's best and final chance to win the WS.

He would be a fool to opt out and I seriously doubt he will. Seager should be back at some point next year so losing Machado is not earth shattering. Some people think Seager is the best SS in baseball when healthy, keyword here is healthy. They still have a lot of controllable players at their core but you right, this may be the best opportunity. This team has some great young talent as well. The Dodgers are gonna be in the playoffs a lot moving forward.

391C4B3D-AECC-4CD2-87CA-D7F2F21B4133.jpeg

3 ex-Tigers making an impact for the BoSox. Peg owes me

Love to see the NYY fans taken out of the game early.

NY fans are stupid, blaming the manager. Get some talented starting pitching and some guys that get on base and catch the ball first. They live and died by the long ball, doesn't translate well in today's game. Sanchez has to be the worst defensive catcher I've ever seen. Sabathia going off about ump Angel Hernandez is stupid. Brett Gardner should have caught that ball in the 3rd, that killed them. Got to make that play. Ok Red Sox nation, here comes some real pitching.

While I am genetically obligated to agree that NYY fans are stupid, I do think Aaron Freakin Boone has to own his managing mistakes. They have a killer bullpen and he should have been quicker with the hook. In a win or go home situation, cc was not at his best and should have been pulled sooner.

Other than that, NYY were lucky it was only 4 runs as Sox left them loaded twice I think? Porcello was really really good. 9th inning was agony. Nunez and Pearce were both clutch. Nunez really rose to the occasion compared to his regular season play and that pick by Pearce to end the game? Play of the series.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back