The baseball playoffs thread 2018

2D2F6BEC-B740-46BB-A243-0EC40CA3FC08.jpeg

9372C1B2-23B4-401E-B808-A7C8667BAE8B.jpeg

What’s wrong with Jansens heart? It must be so hard for him to concentrate on his pitching with upcoming heart surgery hanging over him?

Sox are a strong 5-0 on the road this post season, They went 16-4 in inter league play during the regular season (9-1 on the road). I like their chances against either NL team this WS.

It will be interesting to see how Cora does the line up in the NL Park. Will they sit JBJ or Benny’s defense for Martinez’s bat? Put him at 1B like they used to do with Big Papi? I don’t think he’s ever played 1st for the Sox... and the throws from 3rd and ss...

Here’s a long shot, put Mookie at 2b and sit the luke warm Kinsler? Mookie has had a few games at 2b for the Sox but not many and not recently.

Holt can play 2B. He would be my choice against RH pitchers. Devers at 3rd against RH. JD will be pinch hitter in NL against tough lefties and DH in AL. Benintendi, JBJ, and Betts have to be your OF the whole WS, they're just too good out there. You can't compromise that. Kinsler is so strong up the middle, hard to sit him against lefties. He is in there for defense. That's what I like about Cora, he values defense big time and it bore fruit so far.

Holt can play 2B. He would be my choice against RH pitchers. Devers at 3rd against RH. JD will be pinch hitter in NL against tough lefties and DH in AL. Benintendi, JBJ, and Betts have to be your OF the whole WS, they're just too good out there. You can't compromise that. Kinsler is so strong up the middle, hard to sit him against lefties. He is in there for defense. That's what I like about Cora, he values defense big time and it bore fruit so far.

In most of the inter league road games JD started in the outfield and either Benny or JBJ were on the bench.

In most of the inter league road games JD started in the outfield and either Benny or JBJ were on the bench.
Yes but this is the WS. JBJ is hot, better defender, ride him while he's hot. That would be my thoughts. Defense can make a huge difference in big games. JD will get his chances, no doubt. Maybe against Kershaw and Ryu, a start would be smart for JD, then if it's a close game, defensive replacement... I don't know though, those 3 really have been playing spectacular defense, saved their bacon in a couple games. Either way, your team is excellent. I wonder if Moreland is going to play? That dude is clutch

See, get on base. Shorten them swings up, ball is gonna travel. Machado bunting caught everyone sleeping. Nice.

See, get on base. Shorten them swings up, ball is gonna travel. Machado bunting caught everyone sleeping. Nice.

That’s one way to shut up the crowd.

Puig should have had that. Hopefully doesn't bite them. Getting Hader early is perfect for LA.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back