The baseball playoffs thread 2018

He is a Cardinal lover and that elevates his alliance with the AL team. He probably hates the Dodgers. He wins all kinds of awards so he is here to stay unless he does something totally stupid...we can only hope... Anyway, Joe Girardi will your manager next year....lol

Red Sox out played and out coached the Dodgers. I hate losing. I thought they were both pretty even but the Dodgers would prevail. I still think they're both pretty even, a few breaks going this-way or lack of break going that-way ... and the Series would still be going. The up side is no more Buck ... and all his stupid remarks. I felt he was obviously pro-Soxs. He was very irritating, sorta like gangrene ... after some festering you just want to grab a chainsaw and cut off an appendage. My Mom used to watch the game on Tv and listen to Scully on the radio ... even when we were at the stadium she always had her Cardinal & Gold transistor radio with her so she could hear Scully.

Buck has a unique way of making whoever is listening to him feel like he is against their team and for the other team. It's his one true talent.

B2AEC62E-1AE4-4BD0-9D35-C03E2DCF8E91.jpeg

467EBA07-0949-427F-B89E-E3A2AF793CFC.jpeg

Red Sox out played and out coached the Dodgers. I hate losing. I thought they were both pretty even but the Dodgers would prevail. I still think they're both pretty even, a few breaks going this-way or lack of break going that-way ... and the Series would still be going. The up side is no more Buck ... and all his stupid remarks. I felt he was obviously pro-Soxs. He was very irritating, sorta like gangrene ... after some festering you just want to grab a chainsaw and cut off an appendage. My Mom used to watch the game on Tv and listen to Scully on the radio ... even when we were at the stadium she always had her Cardinal & Gold transistor radio with her so she could hear Scully.

Buck has a unique way of making whoever is listening to him feel like he is against their team and for the other team. It's his one true talent.
Yes, sort of. He and his Dad were with the Cardinals from 1960 to 2008 I think.

Ask any Red Sox fan and they will tell you that Buck hates the Sox (we did beat his Cardinals 2X in the WS).

I don't really think the Dodgers were outmatched so much as they ran into a team with a pitching staff that really decided to shine at the right time. Everyone (including me) thought that pitching would be the weak point for the Sox and in the end, it was what won it for them. It took an 18 inning game for LADs to beat them and get a win.

This, silent bats. Everyone trying to hit it out

I still think you have to credit the pitching. Kelly and Eovaldi were throwing 99+, unhittable stuff, and both Price and Sale were incredible last night.

Same for LAD. Sox bats were silent against Hill and Beuhler who were both lights out. It wasn't terrible hitting, it was just great pitching.

This, silent bats. Everyone trying to hit it out

I still think you have to credit the pitching. Kelly and Eovaldi were throwing 99+, unhittable stuff, and both Price and Sale were incredible last night.

Same for LAD. Sox bats were silent against Hill and Beuhler who were both lights out. It wasn't terrible hitting, it was just great pitching.
True enough.

And the villain is defeated in the end:

44941005_2015502015232751_5122106580493402112_n.jpg

Congrats to the Red Sox. They really played as a team, showing that against the Astros and then again against the Dodgers. Hope to catch more than just one Dodgers game next year, and now I definitely need to make a visit to Fenway Park.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back