The basics

brandonvoges

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.native411.com
Hello all, my first post. oooooohhh...scary. ; )

I'm orginally a designer and photo retoucher, now interesting in persuing a career in photography. Somehow, someway, I never took a single photography class in my short run of college (genius of me). I own about 7 cameras and hack my way through everything, but have a great time doing it. My question is this:

Can anyone recommend a book, that is about the mechanics and usage of a manual camera? (I'm having a hard time finding books that don't spend a ton of time on "framing" and "composition" type subjects). I guess I'm looking for some easy read, more technical information about Fstops, aperature, speeds, etc. Considering i have no idea what I'm doing. ; )

Thanks a ton in advance for taking the time to help a rookie.

Brandon

voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How about Ansel Adams The Camera and The Negative. There should be plenty of copies at your local library.

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like "Black and White Photography: A Basic Manual" by Henry Horenstein. It covers the BW darkroom, but all the camera info is good for color too. He also has a color photography book.

HedFire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hedfire.com
ksmattfish said:
I like "Black and White Photography: A Basic Manual" by Henry Horenstein. It covers the BW darkroom, but all the camera info is good for color too. He also has a color photography book.

i second this. we use it in my photography class and it is a great book for beginners

Most reactions

New Topics