The Bathtub - Comments Welcome!

amw3402

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would love some input from anyone who has had experience with bathtub photos! They're a "must" for the baby book but I tend to have trouble with the lighting. Flash makes my son look glow-in-the-dark. These are probably my fav, although they may be a bit underexposed. I cranked up the ISO. Our tub is off-white so the coloring is pretty close to what it should be, if a little dark...any tips or comments? Thanks!

Bath.jpg

bathbaby.jpg

They are tough to comment on too, Tub shots are pics that one really does not need to go all out on as their purpose is exactly that you mentioned, the baby book (wich gets used later on in life to embarass the tar out of them later on in life when they bring home the boyfriend/girlfriend home to meet the parents :lol:)

All I can really say is get all of the head into the shot and don't worry too much about the lighting.

Further note, an overly professional apperance of such pictures could have issues. Though I see no such problems of these.

These seem to have some camera shake. What was your shutter speed? What are ou shooting in aperture priority? or another. Very cute baby, by the way.

skip the tub pics, the background is too muted...they look like every other child snapshot

What time of days were these taken in? Not sure if you have any or many windows in the bathroom but that can really help. Also More bubbles and some toys. Maybe a yellow duck. if your interested in seeing a few of mine let me know.

These seem to have some camera shake. What was your shutter speed? What are ou shooting in aperture priority? or another. Very cute baby, by the way.

THANKS! I think he's pretty cute, but I'm totally biased :) They seem to have lost some quality putting them here... but it's possible there is some shake. I shot in program mode, the first picture has a shutter speed of 1/80 and F4.8 The 2nd picture SS of 1/40 and F5.6

The ISO was up to 1600 so they are a bit noisey

What time of days were these taken in? Not sure if you have any or many windows in the bathroom but that can really help. Also More bubbles and some toys. Maybe a yellow duck. if your interested in seeing a few of mine let me know.

These were taken at about 7:00PM so in MN pitch dark already! Haha, the bathroom has no windows. I actually cropped out the toys because I thought they were too distracting. I do have an umbrella but haven't tried dragging it into the bathroom, not sure if I'll try that at all...it's hard just trying to use the camera at all with a 1 yr old! We usually play with lighting when there isn't any water involved :lmao:

Thanks for the comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back