The Beast Within

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Despite it's mild mannered look, and refinement, don't let it fool you, at 440 hp and 860 ft/lbs of torque, this beast will roar when you let it loose. Unfortunately this was the only location with a tree that was showing any color for a background. Lots of reflective surfaces to deal with so any C&C is welcome.

2016 F35010232017_301-HDR-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

This is really wonderful Smoke. So many reflections everywhere, I don't know where to look:ambivalence: Really nice clarity and sharpness.

This is really wonderful Smoke. So many reflections everywhere, I don't know where to look:ambivalence: Really nice clarity and sharpness.

Thanks Dean.

Nice! Now... just need to chip it, add a propane injection system...

The previous one was modified. SCT controller with multiple custom tunes. Modified heads, turbo, fuel system, emissions delete and also NOT UNDER WARRANTY. LOL

GOOD-looking truck. Let me borrow it for a few days and muddy it up good for ya?

GOOD-looking truck. Let me borrow it for a few days and muddy it up good for ya?

Might need to put the tall rubber on for that!!

The previous one was modified. SCT controller with multiple custom tunes. Modified heads, turbo, fuel system, emissions delete and also NOT UNDER WARRANTY. LOL
Yeah? And?

Okay.... at least a few dozen chicken lights?

Nothin’ like a new truck. Congrats.

We've had it a few months, just never got around to getting a picture of it.

Yeah? And?

Okay.... at least a few dozen chicken lights?

The 06 model was very "modification friendly", which was good, because as it came from the factory the 6.0 Powerstroke was terrible. The 10 bolt torque to yield head bolts were so close to max, that any additional pressure would lift the heads. I bought that truck at below salvage price, and put over 6k in the engine, drove it 4 years and sold it for more than I had in it.

This new one is a nightmare of intertwined electronics from the touch screen dash to the emissions, ECM, and PCM. I could unravel it and modify it, but what I would gain wouldn't be worth the cost. For 5 years it's their baby if anything goes wrong.

Gary used to rebuild his engines in his youth. Now he doesn't care. Hell, he now longer cares about what he drives.

I still enjoy doing mechanical but unfortunately the body doesn't enjoy it much anymore. Doesn't take long for the hands to cramp when pulling a wrench, and the bones to ache.

Beautiful photo of a beautiful truck.

I’ve never personally liked the look of dual wheels on a pickup truck, but if you need them you need them.

My father has a ‘15 F-350 powerstroke lariat deluxe without the dual wheels and it’s a beautiful truck. Absolutely a monster towing things, even without the dual wheels. We haul his backhoe all over the place and you can hardly even tell you have a trailer attached.

They're using TTY on a diesel head? Even a little itty-bitty diesel? That's ****ing nuts! :irked:

Even crazier, the bolts were maxed out at about 30lbs of boost. The variable geometry turbo was capable of producing upwards of 50+ lbs of boost. The ECM was supposed to alter the vanes so that despite engine RPM the max boost stayed about 28 lbs. However, the turbo was prone to carbon build up meaning the vanes could stick, that's what happened to this one. Overboost lifted the heads. I went back with ARP studs, and had the heads milled to accept a fire ring. Supposedly good for up to 100# of boost, though I never took it that high. Despite the bad rap the 6.0 got, it really was a great motor if you re-engineered it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back