The Best Crop Sensor Camera Picture!

Lonnie1212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Folks,

Yesterday I saw the most fascinating picture I have ever seen in my life. In photographs I look for vivid colors, details, sharpness, and the subject matter of the photo. This picture was on Facebook. It was of two male mallard ducks. Both had taken off in flight from the water. The photograph showed drops of water falling from the ducks in mid air. The fine details in the feathers could be seen. What I am stating here is entirely biased and my own professional opinion and no one else's. What makes it even more fascinating is that the picture was taken by a hobbyist and not a professional photographer. He was also using a Nikon 7100 crop sensor camera with a Tamron 18-400 mm lens. I like to see crop sensor people max out in photography. Just had to get this all off my chest.

Thank you,

Lonnie

What makes it even more fascinating is that the picture was taken by a hobbyist and not a professional photographer.
Nothing fascinating about this, at all. Many of the talented people on this forum are hobbyists, and produce some of the best photos I have ever seen; look through any POTM thread. ;)

I can't see the pic so I can't be impressed. Besides, I think we all get a really good shot off once in awhile that looks professional. To me it's not a real big deal, just another great pic among many.

Last edited:
What makes it even more fascinating is that the picture was taken by a hobbyist and not a professional photographer.
Nothing fascinating about this, at all. Many of the talented people on this forum are hobbyists, and produce some of the best photos I have ever seen; look through any POTM thread. ;)

It is good to hear. I like seeing how hobbyist's can contradict the industry. The industry says you have to spend a certain amount of money on this and that equipment. But the hobbyist on a budget contradict what the industry says. It's the creativity and enthusiasm of the human mind.

I can't see the pic so I can't be impressed. Besides, I think we all get a really good shot off once in awhile that looks professional. No bfd.

I have taken more bad pictures than good. But I don't really mind. It is all a process of learning. My favorite pictures were taken last year after a snow storm. Went to New Salem state park and took pictures of log cabins with snow on them.

It is good to hear. I like seeing how hobbyist's can contradict the industry. The industry says you have to spend a certain amount of money on this and that equipment. But the hobbyist on a budget contradict what the industry says. It's the creativity and enthusiasm of the human mind.

The industry wants you to buy more of there gear. Today's pro technology is tomorrow's 'hobbyist' technology. And FYI just because someone is a hobbyist (I dislike this term in this context FYI) doesn't mean that they can't take excellent photographs no matter what gear they have available - a hobbyist is someone who takes photographs for their own enjoyment as opposed to being for their income; they are no less a photographer because of that.

The industry wants you to buy more of there gear. Today's pro technology is tomorrow's 'hobbyist' technology. And FYI just because someone is a hobbyist (I dislike this term in this context FYI) doesn't mean that they can't take excellent photographs no matter what gear they have available - a hobbyist is someone who takes photographs for their own enjoyment as opposed to being for their income; they are no less a photographer because of that.

You are right Nigel! Thank you

Most reactions

New Topics

Back