The Best Part of the Workout - C&C (BESP)

Bazooka, I am amazed how you were able to include so many things in the photo to express your idea. That composition can be used for ads.
The background image is the best.

I only have a comment which could be a personal thing but I don't like the yellow tone in the photo.

After 47 photos definitelly you had a workout!

I like Bitters edit...I was thinking i would have liked to see you more directly behind the subject.
The yellowing is distracting as well. Also the shadow around the top of the bottle and how the lid almost blends into the background as does the right side of the bottle. Its almost as if the rim of the cup is cutting through the bottle instead of sitting against it. Maybe if the background wasn't completely black?
As for the glare on the weights..I actually like that. I also like how you put it all together to demonstrate what the beverage is and what its for. Very creative!

Cool idea :) I have all the p90x stuff too and those pictures always looked cool. I like the composition though I think the lighting is a bit harsh on the power as well as the top of the fluid (ice, if there is ice there, can’t tell for sure). I have tons of issues with lighting and you’ve surpassed me so I can’t suggest much there. I’m intrigued about the drink… one think that would have been fun to try in line with the project instead of a weight if you had a water bottle you had above your head squirting the drink down towards you. The product in the foreground would imply that is what’s inside so you could still just show an outline of the bottle. Definitely an interesting product shot J I can imagine that lighting was incredibly frustrating!

Disclaimer – C&C given without reading any previous comments in the thread, per the instructions of the group; redundant comments possible and probable.

Thanks guys. I definitely agree with your feedback, especially concerning the lighting.... I really needed more of a backlight here and need to watch my exposure next time. My reflector came in the mail the other day so the next project I will have at least one more tool available.

Very cool, nice work.

I did P90X for a while, so I had a love/hate reaction when I opened your post.

I like the black, it really draws attention to the product.

I do like Bitter's reworked composition, but it was all your elements that made the image work.

It is unfortunate that the drink powder spilled right before the shoot.:lol:

Peace
Fast Eddie

I really like the concept of this image. It looks like it could be an advertisement for the drink mix. Good job with the lighting of the background, looks professional to me and I can't believe you got that with just clamp lights, the foreground looks good minus the powder issue you mentioned, but the bottle looks a little yellow on the left.

The blown out powder you mentioned was the first thing I noticed, and I wonder if it would look better without the scoop and powder altogether. It just dosen't make sense to me to have the powder spilled across the table.

Sorry if this is all repeat, didn't read the other c&c yet.

Day 67!! Alright enough about me.

Wow! What a great shot! I certainly hope you print the final image and hang up to inspire yourself. A lot of people do P90X and get great results then they go back to their old ways and get their old body back. What a waste. This image would be great reminder of who you are.

I would like to see a pic of your inspiration poster as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back