The best photo editing software

I get to be the odd one out.... PaintShop Pro X3. Great program.
Theres few of *us* out there..lol ( PSP X2 ) haha

LOL... believe it or not, until I got CS4 about a year ago... I was still using Paint Shop Pro 9! PSP9 served me pretty damn well for a long, long time. Occasionally, when tackling some new operation in CS5 that I'm not familiar with yet... a tiny, undisciplined part of me wants so badly to fire up PSP9 which I'm familiar with over so many years.

It's so old now that it actually has to turn off certain desktop graphical features in Vista when it starts up.

Alas, I've committed to abandoning it and forcing myself to use Photoshop from now on.

I like to use Lightroom and Photoshop. I don't usually do much PP but that's what I use when I do.

old school - we didnt have computers back in my day, a photographer uses a camera to take pictures not a computer - quote from a famous photographer in which i would like to keep his name confidential.

So true, but they also carefully chose the film (brand (for different saturation characteristics)/speed and grain size/etc), and used various filters on the lens, thus pre-processing the image before the shutter was released.

Then, in the dark room they played with a variety of developing techniques when they developed the film, and then played while making prints.

As mentioned by pbelarge, Photoshop is just the digitized version of darkroom techniques.

I started with PSE8 and then tried Lightroom 3 in addition to it. I absolutely love lightroom 3. There is so much you can do with it and then I finish off with PSE8 just because I haven't learned all the ins and outs of Lightroom. Its an awesome combination and very user friendly.

Hey missp, I work with Adobe, and wanted to recommend Photoshop to you as well. KmH is right as well about the benefits of the student discount--this is a great deal. PhotoShop is great for photographers, as it offers tools for image retouching, painting, and other performance enhancements. If you have any further questions about Photoshop, feel free to ask!

My answer will be same as above. Photoshop no doubt. I am graphic designer/photographer ,and i'll tell you PS is way the best tool .

Editing vs Retouching?

http://www.exposingfashion.com/2009/10/16/the-language-of-photography-editing-vs-retouching/

If I assume you actually mean retouching I'll say Photoshop, hands down!

If you can't afford CS5 go for an older version. I think its almost better to learn on an older version than get tangled up in all of this Content aware fill puppet warp stuff. Grab yourself a brush a layer and some blending modes. Really thats all you need the rest is just fun to play with :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back