The "BEST" portraiture/portraiture post processing EBOOKS out there please recommend?

tigidig4x

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys, could you please recommend me the best EBOOK for learning portraits or portrait post processing here please? I badly need tutorial, specially post processing some portraits.. It would be better if you recommend a post processing tutorial book guys that contains some special effects processing if possible.. Please..

Also, additional question, why does my pictures reset to its default settings when i import my pictures to lightroom? For example, set my camera settings to take pictures in monochrome, but when i import it to lightoom, it resets the monochrome and my pictures become colored. Why is it? Thank you so much guys....

I've got 43 Ebooks on portraiture, but none of them are only about post processing. Go on Youtube, there are a few Kelby videos on post that are awesome, and a few others I can't think of the names of atm.

Check out Craft and Vision.. I've purchased several of their e-books and I've really enjoyed them and they are reasonably priced.

Craft & Vision

Hi guys, could you please recommend me the best EBOOK for learning portraits or portrait post processing here please? I badly need tutorial, specially post processing some portraits.. It would be better if you recommend a post processing tutorial book guys that contains some special effects processing if possible.. Please..

The best books, ebooks or not would be the ones that teach you how to get the look you want as right as possible in camera and do as little post processing as possible. Since you don't say what program(s) you use for post processing other than LR then I would suggest you look for LR books.

Also, additional question, why does my pictures reset to its default settings when i import my pictures to lightroom? For example, set my camera settings to take pictures in monochrome, but when i import it to lightoom, it resets the monochrome and my pictures become colored. Why is it? Thank you so much guys....

If you are shooting in RAW then LR brings in the RAW file with all the data it records. LR is a non destructive edit allowing you to process the photo as you desire. It sounds as if you need a basic how to use LR book first before getting into specialized how-to books.

When switched to digital, and sometime later started editing my self, kelby training and Lynda.com were the savers. Kelby has number of books out there but I think video lessons are more effective (at least for me).
Good luck

Thank you so much for the suggestions... I really appreciate it, and im planning to buy some of scott kelby's books.. Also, let me add a little significance to my question, I have been using Lightroom since i started my photography last year, february 3 2013. I used Lightroom itself, Lightroom plugins such as portraiture, photomatix, topaz, nik efex, and some other presets in lightroom. Now, since im planning to step up my photography, and finally made up my mind to pursue portraiture, i also want to step up my post processing skills, and that is including to jump in photoshop. Now, i retouch some of my portraits at lightroom, made some adjustments in there, and the main reason i really want to jump at photoshop is to learn in depth processing like "MANNY LIBRODO WORKS" please take time to look up manny librodo works on the internet if you dont know him.. I want to learn other more advanced techniques in photoshop but yeah, i know i need to start at the beginning so please, give me more ideas, thank you so much for the patience!!! ^_^

Most reactions

Back