What's new

The black and blue shoot.

Chad Truss

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2009
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am rather new here. I thought I would share with you a shoot I did in the fall of 2008.

The cars:

The black one is an Infinity G35 with the APS twin turbo kit on it and some mean 19 inch wheels.

The blue one is a Nissan 350Z with the same APS twin turbo kit on it.

Both cars dynoed at about 500 HP.

Enough about the cars, on to the pics. Please C&C, my skills are at a plateau and I am looking for ways to improve.

1.
2970870444_a7b4bb77de_o.jpg


2.
2970029007_df54904e74_o.jpg


3.
2970872148_7c77bc701f_o.jpg


4.
2970028823_5f0255313e_o.jpg


5.
2970027929_81e402d2a5_o.jpg


6.
2970029923_2cb838e206_o.jpg


7.
2970029663_9e0e773508_o.jpg
 
Thanks man.

I currently have no lighting equipment, so I do all my shoots either VERY early in the morning as the sun is rising, or as the sun is going down.

This shoot was done in the wee hours of the morning. I met the owners at 5:30AM and we got to the first location and started shooting at 6:30AM.
 
#5 is the cleanest shot.

Poor background in #1.

The fence is a problem.

On some of them you could PS the reflections (such as the trees in #6 or the window in #5)

Otherwise you have choosen the time of day perfectly to reduce unwanted lighting elements. Some of the best shots of cars I have seen so far (without the use of studio lighting).
 
#5 is the cleanest shot.

Poor background in #1.

The fence is a problem.

On some of them you could PS the reflections (such as the trees in #6 or the window in #5)

Otherwise you have choosen the time of day perfectly to reduce unwanted lighting elements. Some of the best shots of cars I have seen so far (without the use of studio lighting).

I really wanted to be on the other side of that fence.... lol I struggle with backgrounds. People always tell me I need to shoot in front of backgrounds with less going on in them, but I love the industrial scenes when it comes to automotive photography. Thanks for the input.

And your last comment... WOW! Thank you.
 
Wow! Sick cars and sick photos! Those are 2 of my favorite cars and they look like they were built right too!

Very nice!!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom