The bluest eyes

malic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is part of a series of my friends kid I shot today... the kid has some crazy blue eyes. This is the unedited version (the edited version cleans the chocolate from his mouth, lol):

anthony-shoot26.jpg

Nice portrait and great blue eyes!
I notice that there's a slight blue coloration all over the photo. This is easilly removed in any photo editor though. If you don't mind i can post an example. It really makes this portrait even more lively.

djengizz said:
Nice portrait and great blue eyes!
I notice that there's a slight blue coloration all over the photo. This is easilly removed in any photo editor though. If you don't mind i can post an example. It really makes this portrait even more lively.

Have at it, I would enjoy seeing it.

Oké here it is (i cropped it to make the face more central):
325335.jpg

Adjusted the levels, raised the contrast and blurred the background a bit.
Hope you agree it makes the boy and his blue eyes stand out more.
I left the chocolate cause i think it's a nice detail.
The blurring isn't done well (you can see this on the edges of the shirt) and the shirt still looks a bit oversaturated. But it's just to get an idea.

I like that djengizz... here is another from today:

anthony-shoot21.jpg

The second one is definitely the favorite one for me out of the two!
I like the composition and the shadows from the lamp he's holding. Great idea!
To make one more comment (i'm being a bit perfectionistic): there's a little green lens flare waiting to be removed.

I agree, the second shot is my favorite! His eyes are great but I would like to see better lighting on the eyes to make the color really "pop" - maybe some natural soft lighting outdoors or with a window would be good. I love your idea to shoot while he was holding the light though - its a great shot.

I like the one of him holding the light the best. It conveys a child's sense of curiosity in the world around him. To us these everyday objects seem mundane or boring. To them they are brand new and intriguing(sp).

Holy crap look at the size of that kid's pupils :shock

I like the second shot as well :)

Most reactions

Back