What's new

The Bride

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First wedding shoot, I was secondary photographer. I liked this one and figured I would share...

Wedding%20-%20KS%20-%202011-01-01%20-%20130.jpg


c/c welcome if desired.
 
nice shot, well composed and balanced. Maybe some softening?
 
I think colors are a bit off, too pink?
I'd recommend underexposing camera right - behind the bride.
 
Hey Dude, long time.

There is a lot of good in this shot. My main cringe is that you didn't nail the profile. A couple of degrees would make a huge difference. The far eyelash should not be seen. Otherwise, damn good shot. Great lighting.
 
To be honest, I find it a bit underexposed. It seems sad and unwedding-like, melancholic if you will :P

So I'd brighten 'er up. Also, if I was the bride, I'd appreciate a bit of skin smoothing. The direction of the light emphasizes the acne scarring. I'm not saying fake-smooth, as there should still be visible pores. More like the skin on her chest.
 
Excellent composition; about lighting, i think the suggestions are justified

Regards :D
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
Hey thanks, all. Feedback on here is always interesting as so many people feel so strongly in opposition of what someone else says.

I think I agree on the softening... at least on her skin... I'll play with the rest. Weddings are a new thing to me, so the whole "make it airy/fuzzy" is something I'm not sure how I feel about.

The lighting and the color, however, are exactly what I was looking for, so I won't muck with that too much... I was actually tempted to darken it slightly. :) BTW, it is also slightly desaturated (again on purpose).

K- Hi! Yeah, I've been crazy busy and haven't been touching the camera much lately. Interesting comment on the profile... I actually moved intentionally so I could bring a little more depth to her face, so I liked being able to see the eyelash of the far eye. Is this not common?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom