The Butterfly house(mostly Flowers) C&C!!

JKnobelock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So took a visit to the butterfly house, got some nice shots, not many of butterflies oddly enough. thanks for lookin!
Batch_of_flowers_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg

Spikey_Flower_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg

Tip_of_the_Flower_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg

Japaneese_hanging_Lantern_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg

Butterfly_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg

If it were me, I would probably push just a bit more contrast into the images in post. That being said, these are really, really nice :)

I especially like #1. The patterns you capture here, filling the fame and the excellent use of DOF really makes the image.

#2, the subtle use of a bit of negative space on top really plays against the 'full' nature of the subject. Excellent choice.

#3 and #5 are going to have a small problem if you intend on printing them butting good portions of the subject up against the frame like that.

#4 would have been better if it had been completely centered along the horizontal because it's naturally symmetrical but I think that's me actively looking for something to nit pick about the photo... it's really quite nice.

(Side note: woot, finally, 1000 posts :) )

Thanks for the critique! I'll try the contrast some more... I tried to hold back a bit, but it seems like a bit too much.

I like 4 and 5 the best. I wonder if you could raise the brightness a touch, push them towards yellow, and maybe raise the saturation a hair. That would make it look sunnier. It looks like you shot these on a cloudy day.

Also, with 5, I'd like to see it with smaller aperture, so the whole butterfly is in focus. I mean, I like it as it is, but I would aslo like to compare the two if you had it the other way.

I like 4 and 5 the best. I wonder if you could raise the brightness a touch, push them towards yellow, and maybe raise the saturation a hair. That would make it look sunnier. It looks like you shot these on a cloudy day.

Also, with 5, I'd like to see it with smaller aperture, so the whole butterfly is in focus. I mean, I like it as it is, but I would aslo like to compare the two if you had it the other way.

it actually was a cloudy day... and in indoor butterfly house, so it was like a being in a greenhouse on a cloudy day... wide open at 5.6 i was having trouble keeping my shutter speed above 150. which didnt help because i was shooting macro at 200-300mm lol... but id like to go back on a bright sunny day. thanks for the comment:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back