The Canon R6 Thread

Got it! I know the R7 is coming, but I want a FF and have a trip coming soon. I went with kit lens so I have a walk around, and the RF 800 f11. I also have a 100-400 and wide angle EF.

I so far love it! Just some test shots, but most of these are cropped a lot! They look so good on full screen. Very little to no processing since these were JPEGs

1653171778992.jpeg

I like how this turned out.

1653171883897.jpeg

Major crop just because I wanted to see how 20 np holds up.

1653171907471.jpeg

1/30 and ISO 12,800!!!! I usually can not get photos indoors. All above are 24-104 f4-7.1

1653171955094.jpeg

I cropped most of the picture away. The 800 RF. I had others, but nothing exciting. Birds were scarce today.

I still need to try it with the 100-400 and extender.

Problem is-the 800 doesn’t fit in my bag😞 Guess I need to figure that out quick.

I think I’ll let my daughter use the 80D and we will share. That way we are always prepared with a landscape and wildlife set up for the trip. Problem is she just cracked the back screen on my old T2i-do I trust her????

Anyway-very pleased so far.

Got it! I know the R7 is coming, but I want a FF and have a trip coming soon. I went with kit lens so I have a walk around, and the RF 800 f11. I also have a 100-400 and wide angle EF.

I so far love it! Just some test shots, but most of these are cropped a lot! They look so good on full screen. Very little to no processing since these were JPEGs

View attachment 256342
I like how this turned out.

View attachment 256343
Major crop just because I wanted to see how 20 np holds up.

View attachment 256344
1/30 and ISO 12,800!!!! I usually can not get photos indoors. All above are 24-104 f4-7.1

View attachment 256346
I cropped most of the picture away. The 800 RF. I had others, but nothing exciting. Birds were scarce today.

I still need to try it with the 100-400 and extender.

Problem is-the 800 doesn’t fit in my bag😞 Guess I need to figure that out quick.

I think I’ll let my daughter use the 80D and we will share. That way we are always prepared with a landscape and wildlife set up for the trip. Problem is she just cracked the back screen on my old T2i-do I trust her????

Anyway-very pleased so far.
Excellent. I use the EF 100-400 4.5-5.6 Mii L on the R6 and a Canon 300 f 2.8 IS (an almost optically perfect lens) and when sifting through a sports event where I used both it is hard to tell them apart.

Also, I strongly suggest you learn to change settings and review images through the EVF. This may be my favorite feature. I keep the view screen closed to protect it a never have to stop looking through the EVF. To do this you have to memorize the position of the buttons by feel but doing so is game changing.

Also, I got the battery grip. For me it was more about ergonomics but longer battery life is a big benefit.

Also, also, you can change the batteries without ever removing them from the camera. The charger must be USB PD grade and about 30 watts but now the same charger can be used to power my notebook computer, my phone and recharge my R6. So I leave the charger that came with it at home. One last gadget to take on trips. I even have one of these that plugs into the accessory port in the car so on a road trip I can recharge the camera while I drive. Oh, I found this only works on the Canon batteries.

Not sure what your wide angle EF lens is but on the R6 it now has image stabilization if it didn't before.

I can't emphasize enough how important dual back button focus configuration is for serious sports and wildlife shooting. You'll have to watch this video, there are others out there that describe how to do this, but it has enabled me to get shots that I otherwise would have missed.

I value my 7D MII but I'm getting on the list this week, hopefully, for the R7. An R6 crop sensor will be just out of this world! I'll shoot sports with both...best of both worlds.

Thanks for the ideas. I already went to dial back button focus. I had to change it right away because muscle memory won’t have it any other way. I saw the recommendation for dual.

The charger is interesting. I’ll look into that. Although I need to see if 80D takes the same batteries. If so then I need to bring the charger anyway.

I’ll try using the EVF more. I did take to this camera very quickly. Although I did push something that messed things up. Took a little bit to figure out what I did.

I’ll play more tomorrow if weather permits.

R6 with 100-400 plus 1.4 extender. Good focus on the photos. I could never get the extender to work with the 80D. Very heavy though. Doubt I’ll use the extender much. Probably sell both for the 100-500 at some point-if it’s lighter.

Not much wildlife this morning so I put the animals to work. My cat comes when called. Lol. The 3 rd photo is heavily cropped. The second photo-she wasn’t looking at me and it took a second for eye focus to work, but then locked on. Sometimes it locked onto the dogs nose, but from far away it looks like 3 eyes. Effortless.

1653228098354.jpeg

1653228129227.jpeg

1653228158698.jpeg

It also has the ability to take pictures with the horizon level🤭😁😁

Most reactions

Back