The Castle Drive

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the drive up to an hotel called The Castle Hotel where my wife worked before we were married. We actually spent our wedding night in there albeit the reception was elsewhere. If only I'd driven the other way!!!!:D:D

The Drive-1- DENOISED-denoise.jpg

looks like it could be haunted. hopefully not from anything that happened on your wedding night. ;)

cool shot, i like the heavy trees on either side of the road.

looks like it could be haunted. hopefully not from anything that happened on your wedding night. ;)

My memory of that night is rather vague. Unfortunately the 20 odd years since are not:D:D

Thank you.

nice shot ... yeah, looks haunted

Thanks.

I don't think it's reputed to be haunted. However, the ruined castle from which it takes it's name and is only a few yards behind from where I took that shot is. I suppose most Scottish castles have their own 'ghost'. I didn't have a wide enough lens with me to get the actual castle but I'll be back there sometime and may get some pictures of it.

You say that you did not have a wide enough lens
Have you tried photo mapping
Bit like panorama but shot as a square grid 9 shot min 12 is better
Merge shots to make one large wide image
I did a 9 shot grid image when we visited Bath
I was a digital newbi then, and if I did it again I would prob do a 25 or 36 shot grid for more detail

You say that you did not have a wide enough lens
Have you tried photo mapping
Bit like panorama but shot as a square grid 9 shot min 12 is better
Merge shots to make one large wide image
I did a 9 shot grid image when we visited Bath
I was a digital newbi then, and if I did it again I would prob do a 25 or 36 shot grid for more detail

Yeah, I did a few pano stitched shots when I first started dabbling with PP many, many years ago. Haven't done it for a while tho.

Almost looks like a spooky shot from the movie, "The Shining". It seems a little off balance, maybe if you chopped down a couple of those big pines it would open up the view a wee bit. :biggrin-93:

Sure is Pete. My wife's a Huntly quine.:allteeth:

Nice, I was up there last October with work and stayed there. It's a nice hotel and the food was really good, had a cracking braised beef and the breaded chicken goujons with honey mustard dressing were brilliant. I'll need to have a wee walk up Tap o'Noth when I'm next up that way. Didn't get the time on that trip.

Sure is Pete. My wife's a Huntly quine.:allteeth:

Nice, I was up there last October with work and stayed there. It's a nice hotel and the food was really good, had a cracking braised beef and the breaded chicken goujons with honey mustard dressing were brilliant. I'll need to have a wee walk up Tap o'Noth when I'm next up that way. Didn't get the time on that trip.

It's a lovely part of the country for sure. I stayed in Huntly for just over 2 years, 30 years ago. My liver is just about recovered :allteeth:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back