The Church of Baseball

elsapo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.teamwetdog.com
I was in Chicago on work earlier this week, but still made it out to a Cubs game. Wriggley Field is really a great stadium. Anyway, as I was walking up to my seat, early for the game, I looked down and saw that the empty seats looked a lot like pews in a church. And the late afternoon light was really nice, creating lots of deep shadows and colors.

I shot a few frames, expirimenting for the first time using the RAW ability of my D70 -- normally I shoot JPGs, but everyone tells me I need to stop. When I got back home and began processing the images, I was sort of lost on what to do, and I don't feel very confident with this image.

Any opinions as to which works best? There's some stuff i like about the darker image, but the warmer/lighter one is truer to how I remember the day. Maybe i need more contrast in the warmer image.

wriggley2-w.jpg

--or--

wriggley2b.jpg

Thanks for any help... There's another, and will be more, image from Chicago on my site now if you're interested.

just because nobody commented doesnt mean your photo sucks, it just means we are lazy :)

i like your composition alot! this is a great idea. the bottom one with the warmer tones works well for me.

also, there is nothing wrong with shooting jpeg.

For me the darker one works, but I can see the warmer one is more natural colours. I'd like to see your suggestion carried out, of more contrast in the warmer image.

Good eye! Tough decision on the two. It comes down to the mood that you want to convey. Technically I think the second frame has a warm cast. Try boosting the contrast in curves, by clicking on the center and make a slight S. Then convert to CMYK and take out a little Magenta and Yellow in levels.

Working in RAW gives you total control. Photoshop Help will get you started.

I love the pattern of the seats. I makes your eyes move along with the picture

Most reactions

Back