What's new

The clouds were great all week! CC

Blitz55

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
280
Reaction score
23
Location
Washington State
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, well Ive been dying to post something in this part of the forum. I really enjoy coming in here and looking at the photos.

Wanted to post this image I also posted in the Beginner section for discussion on Photoshoping images but figured, what the hell, lets get some photo crits as well.

Here is the thread about photoshoping.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...236127-how-much-photoshop-much-photoshop.html

And here is the photo. (Just a hand-held shot that I touched up, looking forward to doing more work with my new tripod and a polarizing lens thats on its way.)

finalfp.jpg
 
Ok, the clouds are interesting ... but the field and buildings are not.

Crop out the bottom.

Add some more contrast.
 
More contrast??? I'd say it's plenty contrasty already. In fact, I would've suggested trying to open up the shadows a bit in the mountain... it's almost completely black, which just doesn't look right in this frame. With the lower third of the photo cut-off (as dxqcanada suggested), the histogram would probably already be slammed to the right and left with almost no mid-range, at all.
 
I disagree ... I don't think it is important to keep the details on the hill ... it is the clouds that are the subject (that hill/mountain is not interesting).
 
Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Ill try and get more shots up as soon as I can.
 
Contrast if fine and the clouds are amazing. The only change might the image with more mountains and less farmland. Great job though.
 
Contrast if fine and the clouds are amazing. The only change might the image with more mountains and less farmland. Great job though.

Yeah, I wish I could have been someplace else for the photo. But I was at work, well at work in the sense that we drove out to take a photo of the original building my company started in and I turned around and saw that and took it as well. Didn't have much planning time.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom