The Coffee House

Oh, I hear ya. To get to Ikea, I would have to drive into Jersey. Paramus. *shudder*

I actually got it at Home Depot. Shopped online and got it shipped to the store. It's nothing too fancy - just a chipboard type construction - but it's an L-shape so I can maximize desktop space in a small room. I also wanted to use my laptop open as one screen and have my external monitor as a second screen. Once I got used to the dual monitors at work, it was all over ;)

I'll take a picture of the setup when I get home.

Yes, please send me the pic. I'm having desktop space issues in addition to wanting the stand up feature. I have my work docking station and laptop with monitor and my personal laptop and monitor and keyboard... Right now I'm using my work laptop stand alone without the nice screen and keyboard because I don't have space for everything. I haven't considered L shape hmmm...

I think I want this one: SKARSTA Desk sit/stand - IKEA but they only have it in white which really doesn't go with my office area at home. The other option is this one but I don't like the fact that the raise/lower mechanism is automated. To me that is just one more thing that could break: BEKANT 5-sided desk, sit/stand - black-brown/black - IKEA Also a lot more money!

It's like they put Ikea in the worst place always. Or you know...the most busy place. Mine is in New Haven. We straight up can't go during the summer because I-95 traffic is so bad.

As far as the game? Truly exciting. I agree with Sharon that the moment got too big for the Falcons coaching staff at the end. They blew it.

I was also very impressed with Lady Gaga's performance. It was flamboyant and over-the-top, but that's the best part about her. I might be biased though because I watched her CBS Sunday Morning interview too. It was really insightful, and worth finding if you have a few minutes.

P.S. Whoever programmed those drones for the half-time presentation is a genius.

Oh, I hear ya. To get to Ikea, I would have to drive into Jersey. Paramus. *shudder*

I actually got it at Home Depot. Shopped online and got it shipped to the store. It's nothing too fancy - just a chipboard type construction - but it's an L-shape so I can maximize desktop space in a small room. I also wanted to use my laptop open as one screen and have my external monitor as a second screen. Once I got used to the dual monitors at work, it was all over ;)

Yes, please send me the pic. I'm having desktop space issues in addition to wanting the stand up feature. I have my work docking station and laptop with monitor and my personal laptop and monitor and keyboard... Right now I'm using my work laptop stand alone without the nice screen and keyboard because I don't have space for everything. I haven't considered L shape hmmm...

I think I want this one: SKARSTA Desk sit/stand - IKEA but they only have it in white which really doesn't go with my office area at home. The other option is this one but I don't like the fact that the raise/lower mechanism is automated. To me that is just one more thing that could break: BEKANT 5-sided desk, sit/stand - black-brown/black - IKEA Also a lot more money!
When I needed a new desk this is what I ended up with. If you need more space you can even get a second corner and table and make a U shaped unit.

I hadn't planned on buying one, but when we bought our present house the wife wouldn't let me move the falling apart chipboard unit I had for years. I ended up with the whole system with just the L shaped desk. Extremely sturdy.

Here she is getting a fork truck ride by one of the workers. Out of focus like my d7200

1486407101488.jpg

I'd really like a standing desk, too, but was thinking of saving up for one that I can just put on a standard desk, like one of these: Amazon.com: standing desk

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I'd really like a standing desk, too, but was thinking of saving up for one that I can just put on a standard desk, like one of these: Amazon.com: standing desk
Gary's been thinking of one of those adjustables that sit on top of a standard desk, which adjusts up and down for sitting or standing as well.

I believe that this is the current standing desk as seen on TV. If you give it a couple of months you should be able to pick it up at Walmart in the as seen on tv section. :biggrin-new:

Gary's been thinking of one of those adjustables that sit on top of a standard desk, which adjusts up and down for sitting or standing as well.

If I had an existing desk that was big enough for my needs I would opt for that but since I need a new, larger desk anyway, I might as well get the one where the whole desk goes up and down instead of just a small section.,

For my fiftieth birthday I had this one, roughly 100 years old renovated. Before it was covered in ugly paint!

IMG_20170206_225822.jpg

In the Los Angeles Times: "A San Francisco bookstore offers free copies of George Orwell's '1984'".
I've had my copy for years. Might get to re-reading it one of these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using my drafting table for a stand-up desk. My laptop shares the space with my art supplies, so not a permanent solution. But for now it's been great, except that I would like to sit down every now and then and no longer have a decent drafting-table sized chair.

I'm loathe to spend any money until I figure out the best approach. I'm interested in reading some reviews/comments from people who have actually bought & used the kind of desk that can be raised & lowered. The price of the desk-top model is about the same as the whole desk that SharonCat linked to - it's hard to know what would be the better purchase without some kind of feedback. I keep thinking a regular desk with the desk-top style would be better, but having the whole thing raise would be fast, too - in theory. ;)

Most reactions

Back