The Coffee House

I'm going to photograph all my remaining Nikon stuff and post it up for sale this weekend! Then I am also taking dog to groomer for mani/pedi and a bath. Still recovering from being sick so going to take it easy tonight and tomorrow. Beach day on Sunday (taking my daughter and 6 of her friends what was I thinking - or more likely drinking - when I said yes to that) then my usual Sunday night dinner and drinks at my favorite watering hole. I might sneak in some shooting in the morning tomorrow if I'm feeling better.

You are really sure? Fuji is your love to last? Wow.

We had a house full of friends yesterday.

We were so engaged in mixing my prepared fresh fruit mixes with fresh peppermint and alcohol, that we nearly forgot about the fridge full of food: meat, olives, cheese, Gazpacho. The people are bread and Simit and Aioli in desperation. I was in the another room with the other half of the party, while the kitchen was so loud and crowded that I just went over there for yet another bottle to keep the thirsty going. Very nice. Pity noone made an effort to pull the food from the fridge....

I'm going to photograph all my remaining Nikon stuff and post it up for sale this weekend! Then I am also taking dog to groomer for mani/pedi and a bath. Still recovering from being sick so going to take it easy tonight and tomorrow. Beach day on Sunday (taking my daughter and 6 of her friends what was I thinking - or more likely drinking - when I said yes to that) then my usual Sunday night dinner and drinks at my favorite watering hole. I might sneak in some shooting in the morning tomorrow if I'm feeling better.

You are really sure? Fuji is your love to last? Wow.

I'm waffling between selling it all or keeping one or two lenses and getting an adapter. But, yes, I'm sure about the full switch over.

If you're gonna sell ... sell it all. Fujinon is, at a minimum, the equal of Nikkor's best. If the Princess is interested or might have an inclination in photography, then give the stuff to her ... otherwise dump it now and get the most monies you can.

If you're gonna sell ... sell it all. Fujinon is, at a minimum, the equal of Nikkor's best. If the Princess is interested or might have an inclination in photography, then give the stuff to her ... otherwise dump it now and get the most monies you can.

I like the lenses but I have an allergic reaction towards drive by wire

She's not into it. I tried to give her the 5100 and she used it for about a week and then lost interest. She's a dedicated iPhone shooter (sigh). My nephew that's out your way has some interest. He's got my old d60 and 18-55 kit lens with him.

@Gary A. thanks for the offer of Mary Lou's expertise. I'll let him know.

Party went great. lots of food, corn hole, horse shoes, laughs. Hardly any food left over as guests cleaned up on the take home food. No dishes, we used paper everything. Went through at least 79 bottles of water. I had to pull out plastic out of garbage for recycle, I guess a lot of people don't do it. I had the bin right there too, there was like 12 in there, probably 8 from me. Pop cans too, 10 cents each. One of the guys I golf with occasionally, texted me and had the nerve to ask what's with all the coons at your house? My wife had to calm me down, I was gonna jump in my cart and have a little talk with the *sshole. I only responded, this is not 1947, we are in the year 2017. Man, some people are so ignorant and vial.

Glad to hear it went well (except for a'hole)

Sounds like it was a fun time! Guess you've lost a golf buddy, though. Jerk.

Good on ya for digging out all those recyclables - that's something I would have done, too. :lol:

Sounds like it was a fun time! Guess you've lost a golf buddy, though. Jerk.

Good on ya for digging out all those recyclables - that's something I would have done, too. :lol:
LOL ... in California if you don't put out a container for recyclables ... you would be banned and forced to move to Texas. Lol

Most reactions

Back