What's new

The Coffee House

Man I sucked at golf today, only won $150.00. Should have won double that +. We had an all persons longest drive hole with a ridiculously long-shafted steel handled driver, right handed (I'm a lefty). Well I gave it my best shot, I hit it well but just off the fairway while the club came off at the handle.... hilarious. I temporarily had closest to the pin on both men's holes but some how lost both, I was literally within less than a foot on both. I did win $50 bucks on the mens longest drive from the throne though. There was literally a toilet on the tee box, you had to hit it, cloths on, off the toilet... my best drive of the day. I actually had to go poop after sitting on it... weird. It sparked an inner region of the lower, middle quadrant of my brain, and activated a colon quiver... which I thankfully responded to on the outhouse next hole. Our golfing couple where in tears, especially because I rigged an super long as trailer of toilet paper coming out of my shorts upon release of the plastic poop box.... Nice touch by me, the wife of the couple literally wet her pants which added to the jocularity of the situation. Good times.... I had at least a 12 foot stream of paper trailing me.
So, what went farther? The club head or the ball? :allteeth:
 
Man I sucked at golf today, only won $150.00. Should have won double that +. We had an all persons longest drive hole with a ridiculously long-shafted steel handled driver, right handed (I'm a lefty). Well I gave it my best shot, I hit it well but just off the fairway while the club came off at the handle.... hilarious. I temporarily had closest to the pin on both men's holes but some how lost both, I was literally within less than a foot on both. I did win $50 bucks on the mens longest drive from the throne though. There was literally a toilet on the tee box, you had to hit it, cloths on, off the toilet... my best drive of the day. I actually had to go poop after sitting on it... weird. It sparked an inner region of the lower, middle quadrant of my brain, and activated a colon quiver... which I thankfully responded to on the outhouse next hole. Our golfing couple where in tears, especially because I rigged an super long as trailer of toilet paper coming out of my shorts upon release of the plastic poop box.... Nice touch by me, the wife of the couple literally wet her pants which added to the jocularity of the situation. Good times.... I had at least a 12 foot stream of paper trailing me.
So, what went farther? The club head or the ball? :allteeth:
The ball but the shaft / head went to the womans tee box.... didn't have to drop my drawers.
 
I was at the horses again, with my daughter and my sister, holding an apple for the horse in the saddle chamber.

smallDSC_0616_00001_.webp


Horses: A new world for me and a world of its own...

Nikon D850, 105E, f/1.4, t 1/125 s
 
@ Peg: What's with you Bostonians ... and cheating?

??? Is this sports related? Been at a family reunion all day and then wTching storm stuff. What's everyone whining about now... I mean what happened?
 
@ Peg: What's with you Bostonians ... and cheating?

??? Is this sports related? Been at a family reunion all day and then wTching storm stuff. What's everyone whining about now... I mean what happened?
Deflate gate, apple gate....

Have to admit I was unaware of this scandal. What a bunch of morons! Why taint what could be a nice run to the playoffs with a bs stunt like that.

Been busy tonight with my new toy. Going full mobile with my photo hobby!

IMG_3724.webp
 
Mary Lou, Tom (the heart attack guy) and Gary NetFlixed Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ... a five star in Gary's book. While Gary has never been to Afghanistan, this was a very very accurate look into the life of a war correspondent. Granted, it only a cursory look ... but still a very good glimpse.
 
Mary Lou, Tom (the heart attack guy) and Gary NetFlixed Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ... a five star in Gary's book. While Gary has never been to Afghanistan, this was a very very accurate look into the life of a war correspondent. Granted, it only a cursory look ... but still a very good glimpse.

I enjoyed that movie also. A bit hard to categorize. Not really a comedy although a few funny Tina Fey moments but not really a Drama or RomCom either. If I'm remembering correctly it was based on a true story?
 
I have an iPad 2 and a mini iPad in the house, and neither have been used in forever. My wife and I mostly used them for e-books, and our kindles are significantly better at that task than the iPads, although the iPads can clearly do significantly more. Maybe it's because I have a plus-sized iPhone...but most things I'm comfortable doing on my phone, and I don't mind pulling out my laptop for the other stuff.

Then again...I'm sure a lot has changed in the 4 years since we've purchased one.
 
I have an iPad 2 and a mini iPad in the house, and neither have been used in forever. My wife and I mostly used them for e-books, and our kindles are significantly better at that task than the iPads, although the iPads can clearly do significantly more. Maybe it's because I have a plus-sized iPhone...but most things I'm comfortable doing on my phone, and I don't mind pulling out my laptop for the other stuff.

Then again...I'm sure a lot has changed in the 4 years since we've purchased one.

Since I couldn't convert RAW Fuji images with my PSE11, I was looking for another option for processing my stuff and Affinity Photo for iPad kept coming up. I was due for a new laptop or desktop soon. For everything else but photos, my laptop and HD monitor is great but the loading and processing time with PSE11 was getting on my nerves. So instead of upgrading that, I decided to get the iPad Pro to get some processing speed and get out from behind my desk!

Just starting with it and not sure yet if Affinity for iPad would be sufficient for a pro but for me I think it will be more than enough. With Nikon I felt like I needed to tweak every RAW file to sharpen and make micro adjustments to exposure, contrast, saturation etc. With the Fuji jpegs, I usually only need to crop and rarely make a few small adjustments. I think a lot of that, for me, comes with the EVF showing the exposure before I shoot. I'm not under or over exposing as often as I was before. I've been shooting RAW on one card and jpeg on the other and have only needed to adjust exposure on the RAW files once or twice - and that I was able to do in camera.

We'll see how it goes! Now if Flickr would only make it easy to post the bb code from a mobile Apple device!
 
I have an iPad 2 and a mini iPad in the house, and neither have been used in forever. My wife and I mostly used them for e-books, and our kindles are significantly better at that task than the iPads, although the iPads can clearly do significantly more. Maybe it's because I have a plus-sized iPhone...but most things I'm comfortable doing on my phone, and I don't mind pulling out my laptop for the other stuff.

Then again...I'm sure a lot has changed in the 4 years since we've purchased one.

Since I couldn't convert RAW Fuji images with my PSE11, I was looking for another option for processing my stuff and Affinity Photo for iPad kept coming up. I was due for a new laptop or desktop soon. For everything else but photos, my laptop and HD monitor is great but the loading and processing time with PSE11 was getting on my nerves. So instead of upgrading that, I decided to get the iPad Pro to get some processing speed and get out from behind my desk!

Just starting with it and not sure yet if Affinity for iPad would be sufficient for a pro but for me I think it will be more than enough. With Nikon I felt like I needed to tweak every RAW file to sharpen and make micro adjustments to exposure, contrast, saturation etc. With the Fuji jpegs, I usually only need to crop and rarely make a few small adjustments. I think a lot of that, for me, comes with the EVF showing the exposure before I shoot. I'm not under or over exposing as often as I was before. I've been shooting RAW on one card and jpeg on the other and have only needed to adjust exposure on the RAW files once or twice - and that I was able to do in camera.

We'll see how it goes! Now if Flickr would only make it easy to post the bb code from a mobile Apple device!
Have you looked at silky pics? It is free download from fujifilm. I downloaded on my winblows machine. It seems to be accurate on the simulations. I was using Alienware Exposure but they did something in the last version and now it doesn't render the raws accurately. I haven't figured out how to use Silky pix yet but haven't tried real hard. I have only loaded an image that was a custom simulation and was happy with it, looks like what's in camera. I think it's what I'm going to use from here on out. I did notice there was a Mac download as well.
 
I have an iPad 2 and a mini iPad in the house, and neither have been used in forever. My wife and I mostly used them for e-books, and our kindles are significantly better at that task than the iPads, although the iPads can clearly do significantly more. Maybe it's because I have a plus-sized iPhone...but most things I'm comfortable doing on my phone, and I don't mind pulling out my laptop for the other stuff.

Then again...I'm sure a lot has changed in the 4 years since we've purchased one.

Since I couldn't convert RAW Fuji images with my PSE11, I was looking for another option for processing my stuff and Affinity Photo for iPad kept coming up. I was due for a new laptop or desktop soon. For everything else but photos, my laptop and HD monitor is great but the loading and processing time with PSE11 was getting on my nerves. So instead of upgrading that, I decided to get the iPad Pro to get some processing speed and get out from behind my desk!

Just starting with it and not sure yet if Affinity for iPad would be sufficient for a pro but for me I think it will be more than enough. With Nikon I felt like I needed to tweak every RAW file to sharpen and make micro adjustments to exposure, contrast, saturation etc. With the Fuji jpegs, I usually only need to crop and rarely make a few small adjustments. I think a lot of that, for me, comes with the EVF showing the exposure before I shoot. I'm not under or over exposing as often as I was before. I've been shooting RAW on one card and jpeg on the other and have only needed to adjust exposure on the RAW files once or twice - and that I was able to do in camera.

We'll see how it goes! Now if Flickr would only make it easy to post the bb code from a mobile Apple device!
Have you looked at silky pics? It is free download from fujifilm. I downloaded on my winblows machine. It seems to be accurate on the simulations. I was using Alienware Exposure but they did something in the last version and now it doesn't render the raws accurately. I haven't figured out how to use Silky pix yet but haven't tried real hard. I have only loaded an image that was a custom simulation and was happy with it, looks like what's in camera. I think it's what I'm going to use from here on out. I did notice there was a Mac download as well.

I did try Silky pix. Same as you I didn't quite figure out how to use it. It's not very intuitive and it was slow on my laptop.
 
I have an iPad 2 and a mini iPad in the house, and neither have been used in forever. My wife and I mostly used them for e-books, and our kindles are significantly better at that task than the iPads, although the iPads can clearly do significantly more. Maybe it's because I have a plus-sized iPhone...but most things I'm comfortable doing on my phone, and I don't mind pulling out my laptop for the other stuff.

Then again...I'm sure a lot has changed in the 4 years since we've purchased one.

Since I couldn't convert RAW Fuji images with my PSE11, I was looking for another option for processing my stuff and Affinity Photo for iPad kept coming up. I was due for a new laptop or desktop soon. For everything else but photos, my laptop and HD monitor is great but the loading and processing time with PSE11 was getting on my nerves. So instead of upgrading that, I decided to get the iPad Pro to get some processing speed and get out from behind my desk!

Just starting with it and not sure yet if Affinity for iPad would be sufficient for a pro but for me I think it will be more than enough. With Nikon I felt like I needed to tweak every RAW file to sharpen and make micro adjustments to exposure, contrast, saturation etc. With the Fuji jpegs, I usually only need to crop and rarely make a few small adjustments. I think a lot of that, for me, comes with the EVF showing the exposure before I shoot. I'm not under or over exposing as often as I was before. I've been shooting RAW on one card and jpeg on the other and have only needed to adjust exposure on the RAW files once or twice - and that I was able to do in camera.

We'll see how it goes! Now if Flickr would only make it easy to post the bb code from a mobile Apple device!
Have you looked at silky pics? It is free download from fujifilm. I downloaded on my winblows machine. It seems to be accurate on the simulations. I was using Alienware Exposure but they did something in the last version and now it doesn't render the raws accurately. I haven't figured out how to use Silky pix yet but haven't tried real hard. I have only loaded an image that was a custom simulation and was happy with it, looks like what's in camera. I think it's what I'm going to use from here on out. I did notice there was a Mac download as well.

I did try Silky pix. Same as you I didn't quite figure out how to use it. It's not very intuitive and it was slow on my laptop.
Yeah, it draws a little slow, I did notice that but I have old hardware. It's fast enough for me but you can see it drawing the changes. The help file blows chunks, got to get on YouTube. Is think it accurately represents what's in the camera raw and that's what I'm after, nothing I've seen comes close to it. Even darkroom is fairly off in comparison which bums me out as I am Linux user. I think if I can master Silky, I will move into a Mac at some point. Lord knows I've fixed enough of them. I could pickup a used one fairly cheap from a good source but probably will opt for a new one with a retina display.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom