What's new

The Coffee House

Irma has barely stuck a toe into south Georgia and we've already lost power. It's been raining since last night, and the winds are just beginning to pick up. Kind of surprised to have lost power so soon; I was prepared for it later today.

On my phone only, and reserving the charge, so just swinging through. :)
 
Irma has barely stuck a toe into south Georgia and we've already lost power. It's been raining since last night, and the winds are just beginning to pick up. Kind of surprised to have lost power so soon; I was prepared for it later today.

On my phone only, and reserving the charge, so just swinging through. :)

That stinks! My Tampa and St. Pete family and friends still have power and they were in the direct path!
 
At the 36 hour mark at work. Back to running calls this morning. Have not been able to get in contact with the wife since yesterday evening. We live west of Orlando so not sure how bad it got out that way

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
 
At the 36 hour mark at work. Back to running calls this morning. Have not been able to get in contact with the wife since yesterday evening. We live west of Orlando so not sure how bad it got out that way

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Glad to see you're ok!
 
@SquarePeg , I'll use a variety of apps on my iPhone, including Snapseed. Not sure if they have it on iPad, but it works pretty well on my phone. A little clunky, but it gets me there. Although, if I had the iPad Pro, I'd be aching to use PS on there! It seemed pretty power when I tried it out at Best Buy.
 
At the 36 hour mark at work. Back to running calls this morning. Have not been able to get in contact with the wife since yesterday evening. We live west of Orlando so not sure how bad it got out that way

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Glad to see you're ok!

Definitely glad! Hope all is well at home, too!
 
Irma has barely stuck a toe into south Georgia and we've already lost power. It's been raining since last night, and the winds are just beginning to pick up. Kind of surprised to have lost power so soon; I was prepared for it later today.

On my phone only, and reserving the charge, so just swinging through. :)

That stinks! My Tampa and St. Pete family and friends still have power and they were in the direct path!
My sister was just outside the direct path (from what I can tell so far), and made it through better than feared. Power is out, and she said they'll be cleaning up for days, but the roof held, no blown windows, so they're feeling okay about it all. ;)

We're still without power. Probably won't be back until the wind calms down in the morning. At least we know it'll be over soon, and we have a good coffee house nearby.
 
Good thing you live near a coffeehouse! But seriously, I'm glad it wasn't as bad as expected. Not that it was exactly a picnic out there but still better than it might have been,
 
Mary Lou, Tom (the heart attack guy) and Gary NetFlixed Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ... a five star in Gary's book. While Gary has never been to Afghanistan, this was a very very accurate look into the life of a war correspondent. Granted, it only a cursory look ... but still a very good glimpse.

I enjoyed that movie also. A bit hard to categorize. Not really a comedy although a few funny Tina Fey moments but not really a Drama or RomCom either. If I'm remembering correctly it was based on a true story?
Yep, the memoirs of Kim Barker a print journalist. Tina Fey play Kim Baker in the movie, the author thought it was a typo.

A very interesting interview with Kim Barker is here.

If you have a minute or two, well worth the read.

I appreciated the realism and authenticity the filmmakers brought to the movie. Mary Lou call the press compound/hotel the party house ... I explained the lobby was where the journalists left off steam and decompressed. et cetera
 
At the 36 hour mark at work. Back to running calls this morning. Have not been able to get in contact with the wife since yesterday evening. We live west of Orlando so not sure how bad it got out that way

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Hang in there Jason. Thank you for your service.
 
At the 36 hour mark at work. Back to running calls this morning. Have not been able to get in contact with the wife since yesterday evening. We live west of Orlando so not sure how bad it got out that way

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
You are the man, prayers your way my brother...
 
@ Terri: You need to find a wine shop not a coffee shop. Gary's fingers are crossed and he hopes the best for you guys.
 
Last edited:
I found a wonderful combination sandwich tonight... Peanut butter and cottage cheese. Delicious. Wife not home, playing Gary A and Jona T with my limited cooking ability. She's mad at me for asking her permission on free Photography gigs off of Craigslist. She asked me if there was a happy ending... I said, I guess not.

Oh, she said, isn't it time for you to pee in the laundry tub? Hmmm, I'm in the dog house prior to going up north tomorrow. What is a guy to do.....
 
Last edited:
As we start to get the remnants of Irma (directly in her path), I'm thankful that she's lost some of her fury. We lost power momentarily but it reset itself, quickly. Wind gusts of 40 to 50 mph predicted. Lots of rain. Yesterday for the first time in memory, the county EMA called all the county fire departments in for a briefing and activated a state of emergency (well before the storm).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom