What's new

The Coffee House

but was turn down because his SAT scores were too high. :cool-48:

Sat Scores, we don't need no stinkin Sat Scores...............
 
This storm has everyone on edge because it's moving so slowly. Every slight wobble has a new impact. We're under TS warnings, as well. Irma still might enter the state as a Cat 1 hurricane; too soon to tell. It's going to be a long, slow churn up the western coast of Florida.
 
Gusts up to 60 mph ... that's serious. Time to button up those windows and get a generator if you don't got one

Well I've got one, but I doubt it will start without cleaning the carb. :ambivalence: It doesn't get run that often. May have to "appropriate" one on temporary loan from the Fire Station, before some others grab them all.
 
As you live in a forrest, in a 60mph gust there will be a lot of flying tree branches aimed at your windows. Take care.
 
I got nothing here in West Palm Beach...30 mph winds and drizzle.
I'm bored that's what I got...boredom.
20170910_102712.webp


Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app
 
I got nothing here in West Palm Beach...30 mph winds and drizzle.
I'm bored that's what I got...boredom.
View attachment 146589

Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app
We're all pulling for you that you stayed bored. Trust me, drama isn't worth all the pre and post hype it promotes.

Now you have time to work on your photography ... that last image your skies are too muddy and gray ... you need to punch it up a bit. Or work on the lawn, that grass seems a bit long ... :cool-98:
 
I got nothing here in West Palm Beach...30 mph winds and drizzle.
I'm bored that's what I got...boredom.
View attachment 146589

Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app
We're all pulling for you that you stayed bored. Trust me, drama isn't worth all the pre and post hype it promotes.

Now you have time to work on your photography ... that last image your skies are too muddy and gray ... you need to punch it up a bit. Or work on the lawn, that grass seems a bit long ... :cool-98:
That's from my cell phone...lol

Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app
 
As you live in a forrest, in a 60mph gust there will be a lot of flying tree branches aimed at your windows. Take care.

As the threat from fire is the greatest danger we face we maintain sufficient buffer areas around the house. The likelihood of limbs causing damage even with 60 mph winds is slim
 
Gary is perusing the Sports Section ... gotta tell ya, The USC-Stanford game was a totally entertaining and well played game by both sides. It was like two heavy weight fighters in a slug fest, especially in the first half. With very little dancing and boxing ... just two big guys slamming rights and lefts at each other. No trick plays, no sleight of hand ... I'm running at you and you're running at me. The game was won in the trenches ... big guys knocking down big guys. In the first half Stanford stood toe-to-toe with the Trojans with SC slightly winning on the line of scrimmage. But in the second half, Stanford was getting the worse of it ... winded ... by the fourth quarter Stanford was on their knees getting pounded. As the game progressed SC's running plays were gaining more yards until SC broke a play which would have produced three or four yards in the first quarter into a score. Conversely, Stanford was making less yardage on running plays as the game progressed.

After all the ups and downs and sanctions ... The Trojans may be back. Back as in the John McKay days of Studentbody-Right and Studentbody-Left. ... of a thundering herd and dust.
 
As you live in a forrest, in a 60mph gust there will be a lot of flying tree branches aimed at your windows. Take care.

As the threat from fire is the greatest danger we face we maintain sufficient buffer areas around the house. The likelihood of limbs causing damage even with 60 mph winds is slim
Whew ...
 
Man I sucked at golf today, only won $150.00. Should have won double that +. We had an all persons longest drive hole with a ridiculously long-shafted steel handled driver, right handed (I'm a lefty). Well I gave it my best shot, I hit it well but just off the fairway while the club came off at the handle.... hilarious. I temporarily had closest to the pin on both men's holes but some how lost both, I was literally within less than a foot on both. I did win $50 bucks on the mens longest drive from the throne though. There was literally a toilet on the tee box, you had to hit it, cloths on, off the toilet... my best drive of the day. I actually had to go poop after sitting on it... weird. It sparked an inner region of the lower, middle quadrant of my brain, and activated a colon quiver... which I thankfully responded to on the outhouse next hole. Our golfing couple where in tears, especially because I rigged an super long as trailer of toilet paper coming out of my shorts upon release of the plastic poop box.... Nice touch by me, the wife of the couple literally wet her pants which added to the jocularity of the situation. Good times.... I had at least a 12 foot stream of paper trailing me.
 
Wasted day yesterday. Before I retired I was a firm believer in the "7 P's" on any project. Now I've gotten lazy. Yesterday I started a project only to find I didn't have everything I needed, after the 3rd trip to the store, only to find I was still short something, I gave up. Will try again this afternoon. Anyone else find this happening to them as they retired and got older?
My wife asks "how many trips" when I display my finished handy work. :aiwebs_016: :allteeth:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom