What's new

The Coffee House

Sauce has a little bit of everything...ketchup, mustard, spices, vinegar, Worcestershire, anchovies (shhh...secret ingredient), molasses, brown sugar, honey, tamarind paste, onion, garlic, hot sauce. I cooked it all down for about an hour and put it through a sieve to catch the big hunks of onion, garlic, and tamarind fiber.

As far as time? This one is easy...got the fire started as everyone was getting up, and the sauce going while everyone was eating breakfast. Now it's the waiting game. Up to about 170* on the shoulder...I'll pull it at 200* or so.

And Leo...the pig has already had its worst day. I try to honor it by cooking it properly and not wasting any.
200 seems a bit high and dry.
 
There is gonna be some form of Pork , mashed taters and corn around here later.
We are back to East Texas weather. 90+ temp and 70+ humidity. Not much gonna happen outdoors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
There is gonna be some form of Pork , mashed taters and corn around here later.
We are back to East Texas weather. 90+ temp and 70+ humidity. Not much gonna happen outdoors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Where are y'all in East Texas?

My in-laws are in Lufkin.
 
There is gonna be some form of Pork , mashed taters and corn around here later.
We are back to East Texas weather. 90+ temp and 70+ humidity. Not much gonna happen outdoors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yikes that humidity is nasty! It was very humid here yesterday too, spoiling an otherwise gorgeous fall day.
 
Shepherd which is a wide spot in the road between Cleveland and Livingston.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Cooled down some now that it started raining but the humidity is still horrible.
Capture.webp
 
75F right now. It did hit 78F, 60% humidity (kinda high) with a 6mph SW wind. All-in-all a very pleasant day.
 
I drop it right, and I drop it all the time. BOOM

3619a8d368de360a52eb1b09fbb373fb.jpg


Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
 
I'm afraid to ask. But I will, what is that?
 
Some of the dim sum looks sort of like bialys. Except they're filled with something.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom