What's new

The Coffee House

Wine has the best buzz. Unfortunately for me it seems to be a migraine trigger. I've all but given it up except for the very occasional glass at dinner. I've switched to martinis.

Got on a vodka martini kick once. Made the mistake of drinking six doubles while in the hot tub at a hotel. Let's just say the long crawl back to my room and the after effects, caused me to forever swear off of them.
 
:)
I like blue berry pancakes
You'd like these. You can eat these without syrup, butter, etc. Just as they are. :1251:
Eating pancakes without syrup? Does. Not. Compute. I'm pretty sure there's a law against that.
Normally, I'd agree. I tried a bite without syrup, which was at the ready. Before I knew it, I finished my plate and didn't touch the syrup! :eek:

The blueberries keep the moisture level up, and it was sprinkled with sugar before being baked. :)

It's a flat blueberry muffin.
The consistency isn't like a muffin. Definitely more pancake than muffin.

I was just poking you :tongue-44:

You want football talk?

WOOOOOOT!!!! GATORS Y'ALL!!!

Nine seconds left, tied game, and the second perfectly-thrown Hail Mary pass I have seen in my life (Doug Flutie's was the first one) and Leo is one happy Gator :boogie:

Truly the only 9 seconds of college football I've seen in years. I glanced up during my manicure and the tv was on the game and I saw that pass and when he caught it I yelled 'Wow!" and no one else was watching it and everyone looked at me like I was nuts!


I'm surprised lifetime channel wasn't on

Going to have to call you out on that last sexist statement my friend. I was just happy to see it wasn't the news. I was looking for a break from reality. I didn't even really need the mani/pedi, injust wanted an hour to myself after a long day!
 
I've got 9 lbs of pork shoulder on the grill, and a pot of BBQ sauce simmering away on the stove.

Gonna be a good day.
 
I've got 9 lbs of pork shoulder on the grill, and a pot of BBQ sauce simmering away on the stove.

Gonna be a good day.

Not for the pig ;)
 
Wine has the best buzz. Unfortunately for me it seems to be a migraine trigger. I've all but given it up except for the very occasional glass at dinner. I've switched to martinis.
Wine can/will induce headaches in some people. Nobody can put a finger on the root. But ... often sulfides can cause headaches ... don't drink white wines. Sometimes histamines will trigger a headache, don't drink red wines. Additionally, some studies have shown that tannins may boost production of the brain chemical serotonin. Changes in serotonin levels may trigger migraines in susceptible individuals. Again no reds.

When you come out here Gary will test you to see which wines causes a reaction and find the cure. If it is a histamine problem, take a couple of antihistamine before consumption (a la Claritin or equal).
 
I've got 9 lbs of pork shoulder on the grill, and a pot of BBQ sauce simmering away on the stove.

Gonna be a good day.
Yesterday Gary smoked a Tri-Tip for beef sandwiches at the Bowl. Delish ... but forgot the BBQ sauce. What's in the sauce? How do you have so much time for cooking when you have very young kids?
 
Wine has the best buzz. Unfortunately for me it seems to be a migraine trigger. I've all but given it up except for the very occasional glass at dinner. I've switched to martinis.
Wine can/will induce headaches in some people. Nobody can put a finger on the root. But ... often sulfides can cause headaches ... don't drink white wines. Sometimes histamines will trigger a headache, don't drink red wines. Additionally, some studies have shown that tannins may boost production of the brain chemical serotonin. Changes in serotonin levels may trigger migraines in susceptible individuals. Again no reds.

When you come out here Gary will test you to see which wines causes a reaction and find the cure. If it is a histamine problem, take a couple of antihistamine before consumption (a la Claritin or equal).

Most of my headaches are sinus related so I would bet on the histamine problem. And white wine is my favorite!
 
When you come over Gary will stuff you with an antihistamine and introduce you to some reds that will change the way you think about ... the world. (Not that whites are bad ... but reds seems to span a greater spectrum of goodness. Of late Gary and Mary Lou have been drinking more whites than normal. As most of Gary's wines are shipped via wine club memberships ... that's what on the menu.)
 
Sauce has a little bit of everything...ketchup, mustard, spices, vinegar, Worcestershire, anchovies (shhh...secret ingredient), molasses, brown sugar, honey, tamarind paste, onion, garlic, hot sauce. I cooked it all down for about an hour and put it through a sieve to catch the big hunks of onion, garlic, and tamarind fiber.

As far as time? This one is easy...got the fire started as everyone was getting up, and the sauce going while everyone was eating breakfast. Now it's the waiting game. Up to about 170* on the shoulder...I'll pull it at 200* or so.

And Leo...the pig has already had its worst day. I try to honor it by cooking it properly and not wasting any.
 
As an aside...sometimes some decent tequila helps the parenting be easier too...

IMG_1744.webp
 
Most of my headaches are sinus related so I would bet on the histamine problem. And white wine is my favorite!

Because of the Asthma, I don't deal well with allergies of any sort. My doctor recommend staying on Zyrtec D year round. Helps tremendously.

When you come out here Gary will test you to see which wines causes a reaction and find the cure

I find that an excess of any alcohol will cause a reaction..............:bouncingsmileys:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom