What's new

The Coffee House

Just thought I'd ask the experts! Meanwhile, watching the Sox in their 12 or 13th extra innings game of the season.
You know you may want to read the ASA rule on it.
 
The batter can switch anytime in the same at bat. However, the batter can not do it during a pitch, if they do it's an automatic strike. If the batter did so during a pitch, they are ruled out of the box. A pitcher can't change hands unless it's a pitch hitter. There is no rule to notify an ump of the switch, this is false. However, if the pitcher is on the rubber, it is in the best interest of the batter to call time out as the ump can judge it as an out.

Just thought I'd ask the experts! Meanwhile, watching the Sox in their 12 or 13th extra innings game of the season.
You know you may want to read the ASA rule on it.

I'm going to ask my buddy, Buddy who is our ump contact from ASA. I'm not digging through that rule book and their rules are not available online that I have ever found.
 
Furthermore, lol:

" (4) (6.02(d)) The Batter’s Box Rule (A) The batter shall keep at least one foot in the batter’s box throughout the batter’s time at bat, unless one of the following exceptions applies, in which case the batter may leave the batter’s box but not the dirt area surrounding home plate: (i) The batter swings at a pitch; (ii) An attempted check swing is appealed to a base umpire; (iii) The batter is forced off balance or out of the batter’s box by a pitch; (iv) A member of either team requests and is granted “Time”; (v) A defensive player attempts a play on a runner at any base; (vi) The batter feints a bunt; 2017 Official Baseball Rules_2017 Official Baseball Rules 3/27/17 8:58 PM Page 20 Rule 5.04(b) to 5.04(c) 21 (vii) A wild pitch or passed ball occurs; (viii) The pitcher leaves the dirt area of the pitching mound after receiving the ball; or (ix) The catcher leaves the catcher’s box to give defensive signals. ...

If the batter intentionally leaves the batter’s box and delays play, and none of the exceptions listed in Rule 5.04(b)(4)(A)(i) through (ix) (Rule 6.02(d)(1)(i) through (ix)) applies, the umpire shall issue a warning to the batter for the batter’s first violation of this Rule in a game. For a batter’s second or subsequent violations of this Rule in a game, the League President may issue an appropriate discipline. In National Association play, for a batter’s second or subsequent violations of this Rule in a game, the umpire shall award a strike without the pitcher having to deliver the pitch. The ball is dead, and no runners may advance ..."

A tongue lashing for the first offense and a strike for a subsequent violation ... plus it goes on your permanent record.
 
The Microbiome Diet after five weeks:

I lost nearly ten kilos
I eat next to no bread and other grain product
I prepare fresh food from fresh ingredients even more often than before
Allergic reactions are better contained

It is now 12 midday and I had fruit and goat cheese for breakfast, just ate a salad of Savoy cabbage blanched, cooled with vinaigrette and a smoothie of mango, nectarines, apple, ginger, lemon cest and juice and fresh peppermint.

Dinner is lamb stew, see picture.
IMG_20170919_113536.webp
 
Travel, travel, travel. Hit my goal already for year, so rest of year is gravy. Now I'm out getting things setup for next year, before the weather gets real bad. Working from laptop sucks, I need a new one, mine is old and beaten up winblows Lenovo. Can't believe this little stink pad is still jugging along. No time for pics either. Should be home by Thursday evening. Guess I need to hit the boss up on a new one, maybe a Mac book? Not sure if I could log into QuickBooks remotely or not, probably not so may have to suffer with another windows laptop. If so, it will be another think pad for sure.

On a side note. I think the teams (LA, Boston, Cubs, Yankees) that were pursuing Justin Verlander are gonna regret not getting him. He has been dominant and when he is locked in, not many better, he is such a bull dog.
 
Last edited:
My first day off. Get a check Wednesday. The first check.
So today I have the time but no money. I won't have a 40D by the time of the family reunion.
But I'll have at least two sets of charged batteries for my Nikon Coolpix!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
My first day off. Get a check Wednesday. The first check.
So today I have the time but no money. I won't have a 40D by the time of the family reunion.
But I'll have at least two sets of charged batteries for my Nikon Coolpix!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Best camera is the one with you.
 
Stuck in traffic jam. My Reflecta 7200 scanner was delivered yesterday, straight from Germany.... That took a while but expected. Can't wait to see how well it works, according to in depth review, it's excellent if you use Silver fast software. Not sure but is that the driver too? I have several rolls to develop so will know by next week anyway, not sure if I will have time this weekend. I hope it came with a US electrical plug, just thinking about that....
 
When Gary was researching scanners he read that the software is more important than the scanner.
Got me wondering if my Canoscan 8800f would work better with the Silver fast software. I'm still gonna use it for 120 film.
 
e025d3ba289c41ecc22136954e1ecd54.jpg


Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
 
Happy Wednesday!

Is it Saturday, yet?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom